E
Posted By
Eres
Sep 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a jpeg of a piece of paper and ide like to make it look like its been crumpled up and the straightened out again.

anyone know a good way of achieving this effect?(without actually doing it to a piece of paper and scanning it)

thanks for any help

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
Theo
Sep 8, 2004
"Eres" wrote in
news:K2G%c.686$:

I have a jpeg of a piece of paper and ide like to make it look like its been crumpled up and the straightened out again.

anyone know a good way of achieving this effect?(without actually doing it to a piece of paper and scanning it)

thanks for any help

isnt there a filter to do that? maybe its 3rd party.
N
noone
Sep 9, 2004
In article ,
says…
"Eres" wrote in

thanks for any help

Yes, I believe there is. I don’t recall the software co, though, as I’ve just scanned the paper, that I wanted and played with the contrast. I’ll look down my list of plug-ins, and see if it’s in an Andromeda, or EyeCandy set.

Hunt
H
Hecate
Sep 9, 2004
On 9 Sep 2004 00:11:42 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

In article ,
says…
"Eres" wrote in

thanks for any help

Yes, I believe there is. I don’t recall the software co, though, as I’ve just scanned the paper, that I wanted and played with the contrast. I’ll look down my list of plug-ins, and see if it’s in an Andromeda, or EyeCandy set.
Hunt

Or, and here’s a novelty, you could do it yourself 😉

1. Select just the top half of the paper and apply the shear filter (note that this only works horizontally, so if your paper is oblong you’ll need to rotate it first and rotate it back after you’ve finished). This will give you a nice crease (or creases if you apply it more than once).

2. Still with the top half of the paper selected, use the burn tool with a soft-edged brush to add shading above the crease line(s) and a little at the top to give the impression of it turning away.

3. Now select the bottom half of the paper and use shear again as many times as you think looks good. Add shading as and where you think necessary.

4. Use the lasso tool to make irregular selections (not straight, as wavy as you like) then use the burn tool again to add shading. Do this vertically, and then horizontally and you should end up with paper that looks as if it’s been folded and crumpled. Just don’t overdo the shading.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
TD
The Doormouse
Sep 9, 2004
"Eres" wrote:

Scan a piece of white crumpled paper and use layer effects.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
T
Theo
Sep 9, 2004
The Doormouse wrote in
news::

never thought of that ;o)
R
red
Sep 9, 2004
The Doormouse wrote:

"Eres" wrote:

The Doormouse
Or copy the paper, crumple it and scan it.

red

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections