A
Posted By
anon
Oct 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is activation for CS2? I’ve got the serial number. Does Adobe require some web-site entry of serial number during/after installation? Is this mandatory?

Thanks,

FBt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RB
Rudy Benner
Oct 12, 2006
"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
What is activation for CS2? I’ve got the serial number.
Does Adobe require some web-site entry of serial number
during/after installation? Is this mandatory?

Thanks,

FBt

The serial number is only the beginning. You need to activate it, which can be done online, or via a phone call.
T
Tacit
Oct 14, 2006
In article ,
Esther & Fester Bestertester wrote:

What is activation for CS2? I’ve got the serial number. Does Adobe require some web-site entry of serial number during/after installation? Is this mandatory?

Activation is mandatory.

Don’t worry, if you bought a legal copy of Photoshop, then it is effortless and fast. Just click the Activate Now option and don’t sweat it.

You do have a legally purchased, licensed copy, right?

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
JD
James Douglas
Oct 15, 2006
Right, you have the serial number, which means you have the documentation which describes the process, wink, wink

Thanks,
JR
jb reese
Oct 17, 2006

Thanks,

FBt
Dear Bestertester,
Have you been able to complete the activation process (puzzle), if not please email me.
JB Reese
B
Brian
Oct 17, 2006
* tacit:
In article ,

Activation is mandatory.

Don’t worry, if you bought a legal copy of Photoshop, then it is effortless and fast. Just click the Activate Now option and don’t sweat it.

I understand why they do this activation thing but drives me nuts even though it IS a no-brainer to do. I wipe out my system once a year or so (my version of housecleaning) and the last time I did it I had to call adobe because CS2 was activated x amount of times. I explained why I do and I don’t think they were buying it. I’m probably on some kind of "list". 😉
I wonder when I do this next time if I should "transfer activation"? Would I already have to have another system ready to "accept" the activation or would it just deactivate it?
B
Beeder
Oct 18, 2006
Brian wrote:
* tacit:
In article ,

Activation is mandatory.

I understand why they do this activation thing but drives me nuts even though it IS a no-brainer to do. I wipe out my system once a year or so (my version of housecleaning) and the last time I did it I had to call adobe because CS2 was activated x amount of times. I explained why I do and I don’t think they were buying it. I’m probably on some kind of "list". 😉
I wonder when I do this next time if I should "transfer activation"? Would I already have to have another system ready to "accept" the activation or would it just deactivate it?

Transferring activation is painless, and you don’t need another system ready to accept it.
Also, as a licensed user you are allowed two machines activated–one desktop, one laptop, or one at work & one at home, etc.

I blew away my Photoshop (forgot to transfer) when I tried out Vista, and they were very good about getting me up and running again.
J
Joe
Oct 19, 2006
"Beeder" wrote:

Brian wrote:
* tacit:
In article ,

Activation is mandatory.

Transferring activation is painless, and you don’t need another system ready to accept it.
Also, as a licensed user you are allowed two machines activated–one desktop, one laptop, or one at work & one at home, etc.
I blew away my Photoshop (forgot to transfer) when I tried out Vista, and they were very good about getting me up and running again.

My "Activation Woe" story?

Almost 2 months ago I defragged drive C: where I have CS2 installed using the O&O defragger and for some reason it messed up the activation file stored somewhere on drive C: (it’s what I think) which cause CS2 stopped working. And it didn’t even allow me to reinstall without saying it can’t be installed in Safe Mode (and Win XP was running in normal mode)

I had to reformat the hard drive, reinstalled Win XP and all other aps too.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections