A More Controllable Anisotropic Diffusion?

M
Posted By
maria
Oct 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to have various grades of anisotropic diffusion for my work. There is only one such grade in CS2. Does anyone know of any plugin or action that I can use for such an effect?
Or, better, does anyone know another combination of CS2-filters that achieves anisotropic diffusion with a bit of control on it? Thanks!

maria

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mike Russell
Oct 9, 2006
"maria" wrote in message
I need to have various grades of anisotropic diffusion for my work. There is only one such grade in CS2. Does anyone know of any plugin or action that I can use for such an effect?
Or, better, does anyone know another combination of CS2-filters that achieves anisotropic diffusion with a bit of control on it?

Your question is a bit specialized. Can you be more specific about your application?

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
M
maria
Oct 9, 2006
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:25:46 GMT, "Mike Russell" wrote:

"maria" wrote in message
Or, better, does anyone know another combination of CS2-filters that achieves anisotropic diffusion with a bit of control on it?

Your question is a bit specialized. Can you be more specific about your application?

Mike,

Anisotropic diffusion is a denoising image process. I usually apply it after I sharpen an image in order to achieve a certain intermediate denoising effect. I need a filter that applies the process in various degrees of strength/intensity. Richard Rosenman has such a filter, but I don’t seem to be able to get what I want from it.
Thanks!

maria
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 15, 2006
"maria" wrote in message

"maria" wrote in message

Anisotropic diffusion is a denoising image process. I usually apply it after I sharpen an image in order to achieve a certain intermediate denoising effect. I need a filter that applies the process in various degrees of strength/intensity. Richard Rosenman has such a filter, but I don’t seem to be able to get what I want from it.

I notice there hasn’t been a response, so here are a couple of thoughts on how Photoshop might help:

1) duplicate the layer in Photoshop, apply the anisotropic filter to the new layer, and adjust the transparency of the layer.
2) you may be able to get various changes in intensity by changing the mode of the new layer to color, to remove chroma noise.

Mike Russell
N
noone
Oct 15, 2006
In article <rLiYg.14913$>, RE-
says…
"maria" wrote in message

"maria" wrote in message

I notice there hasn’t been a response, so here are a couple of thoughts on how Photoshop might help:

1) duplicate the layer in Photoshop, apply the anisotropic filter to the new layer, and adjust the transparency of the layer.
2) you may be able to get various changes in intensity by changing the mode of the new layer to color, to remove chroma noise.

Mike Russell

An additional thought for Maria: have you tried Neat Image, or the other main de-noising program (name eludes me right now, but it’s 4:00AM and I have only had one cup of coffee)? NI has an extreme array of controls and might might do some, or all of what you want.

Hunt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections