Posted By
Richard Crane
Jul 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I wanted to find out if I can export a page made in Photoshop to the background cells of an HTML.

You know that when do a "Save Optimized" in Photoshop it gives you the option to save HTML and Images. When I do this and open the HTML in Dreamweaver, all the cells show images within them because that’s the way I sliced the page. I wanted to know if Photoshop can automatically export the page and make the slice image the background of the cell unstead of an image within the cell.

Thank you for your assistance,

rcrane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave milbut
Jul 4, 2003
All you need to do is save normally (gif or jpg). Then open your html file. In the <table> tag, add the line:

background="myimage.jpg"

like so:

<table background="myimage.jpg">
<tr>
<td>Some cell data</td>
</tr>
</table>

and the image will be the table background…

hth, dave
TH
Tina Hayes
Jul 4, 2003
To have just one cell have a background, you’ll need to edit manually and put the imformation into the correct td tag. You’ll also need to set the height and or width of the table or cell depending on the layout so that the layout won’t break at different screen resolutions.

Simple top border example:
Putting spaces in so the board doesn’t read the code….you would not have the spaces between the < and the > .

< table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 cols=1 width="100%" height="268" >
< tr valign=top >
< td valign=top background="bordertile.jpg">Tiling cell bacground is here < /td >
< /tr >
< /table >

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections