DL
Posted By
David Lemberg
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS CS, I’ve just downloaded/installed ACR 2.2 (and removed the old version from the Plug-ins directory).

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance tools, and without any metadata.

But with .CRW files from a Canon S50, the full-blown ACR 2.2 launches, with Adjust/Detail/Lens/Calibrate tabs, etc.

How can I launch the full-blown Camera Raw 2.2 when viewing the .NEF files?

Thanks in advance.

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jeffc
Aug 26, 2004
Do you have Nikon Capture installed? It installs its own plugin into PS and loads before the PS can. It is very limited in functionality. Buster

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:38:26 GMT, "David Lemberg" wrote:

In PS CS, I’ve just downloaded/installed ACR 2.2 (and removed the old version from the Plug-ins directory).

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance tools, and without any metadata.

But with .CRW files from a Canon S50, the full-blown ACR 2.2 launches, with Adjust/Detail/Lens/Calibrate tabs, etc.

How can I launch the full-blown Camera Raw 2.2 when viewing the .NEF files?
Thanks in advance.

David
DL
David Lemberg
Aug 26, 2004
Thanks for replying, Buster. No, Nikon Capture is not installed.

David

"Buster" wrote in message
Do you have Nikon Capture installed? It installs its own plugin into PS and loads before the PS can. It is very limited in functionality. Buster

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:38:26 GMT, "David Lemberg" wrote:

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance
tools,
and without any metadata.

But with .CRW files from a Canon S50, the full-blown ACR 2.2 launches,
with
Adjust/Detail/Lens/Calibrate tabs, etc.

How can I launch the full-blown Camera Raw 2.2 when viewing the .NEF
files?
Thanks in advance.

David
KB
Ken Burns
Aug 26, 2004
Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\File Formats. If you find 2 NEF plugins, rename or delete them.

KB

"David Lemberg" wrote in message

With .NEF files from a Nikon D70, only a gray dialog opens — RAW Adjustments(PP) — with only Exposure compensation and White balance
tools,

with

files?
Thanks in advance.

David

DL
David Lemberg
Aug 26, 2004
Thanks, Ken, and thanks Buster!

I had been looking for the Nikon plugin in \Plug-Ins\File Formats, where it wasn’t.

Found it in Ken’s path, moved "Nikon NEF Plugin LE" out of that folder — and now I have a fully functional ACR 2.2!

David

"Ken Burns" wrote in message
Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop
Only\File
Formats. If you find 2 NEF plugins, rename or delete them.
KB

tools,

with

files?
Thanks in advance.

David

B
bagal
Aug 29, 2004
No probs = Easily done

Artio

Thanks, Ken, and thanks Buster!

I had been looking for the Nikon plugin in \Plug-Ins\File Formats, where
it
wasn’t.

Found it in Ken’s path, moved "Nikon NEF Plugin LE" out of that folder — and now I have a fully functional ACR 2.2!

David

"Ken Burns" wrote in message
Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop
Only\File
Formats. If you find 2 NEF plugins, rename or delete them.
KB

tools,

with

files?
Thanks in advance.

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections