Any 1 good book on both Photoshop and Illustrator – Newbie()

S
Posted By
shamilton72
Aug 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of a book which covers just PhotoShop CS2 and Illustrator CS2? Even ones covering PhotoShop CS and Illustrator CS would do the trick.

Other than that are there any good books (regardless of version) which cover PhotoShop and Illustrator? Beginning to intermediate level would be the best solution.

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
Kingdom
Aug 16, 2006
"Sarah" wrote in news:1155681097.278559.141190 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Does anyone know of a book which covers just PhotoShop CS2 and Illustrator CS2? Even ones covering PhotoShop CS and Illustrator CS would do the trick.

Other than that are there any good books (regardless of version) which cover PhotoShop and Illustrator? Beginning to intermediate level would be the best solution.

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————
J
jim
Aug 16, 2006
Kingdom wrote:

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!
Search string "photoshop CS2 illustrator book reviews"

Results – 1-10 of about 372,000

Mainly self-publicity for sites or authors selling their own wares.

Why don’t I ask if the good people of comp.graphics.apps.photoshop have some advice on a book, as they generally appear to be good natured and kind enough to appreciate that there are people out there with varying degrees of computer experience interested in learning photoshop techniques?

Maybe they’ll appreciate that I’ve managed to seek out the newsgroup dedicated to the exact subject which I am interested in rather than having to sift through the mire of a general purpose search engine?

If you’re so grudging to share your knowledge (Yes, I’ve read your signature!) Why bother posting?
K
Kingdom
Aug 16, 2006
jim wrote in
news:ebung3$gqu$1$:

Kingdom wrote:

"Sarah" wrote in
news:1155681097.278559.141190 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!

Why don’t I ask if the good people of comp.graphics.apps.photoshop have some advice on a book, as they generally appear to be good natured and kind enough to appreciate that there are people out there with varying degrees of computer experience interested in learning photoshop techniques?

Maybe they’ll appreciate that I’ve managed to seek out the newsgroup dedicated to the exact subject which I am interested in rather than having to sift through the mire of a general purpose search engine?
If you’re so grudging to share your knowledge (Yes, I’ve read your signature!) Why bother posting?

Now don’t get shirty. I fully understand everybody has to start some where. I fail st see how you didn’t get the results you were looking in the worlds best search enginge, Simplt enter ‘photoshop tutorial’ followed by what ever you want to learn about and you’ll have it infront of you, theres nothing to sift for, especialy at a beginers leval. there is also many video tutorials that will get you up to speed quickly too.

Please don’t snap, many of us have been here for years and we see this question over and over and over, we like helping but we’r not realy into spoon feeding.

If you have a specific problem post it here and people will help you.

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
J
john
Aug 17, 2006
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:41:01 GMT, Kingdom
wrote:

jim wrote in

Kingdom wrote:

"Sarah" wrote in

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!

Now don’t get shirty. I fully understand everybody has to start some where. I fail st see how you didn’t get the results you were looking in the worlds best search enginge, Simplt enter ‘photoshop tutorial’ followed by what ever you want to learn about and you’ll have it infront of you, theres nothing to sift for, especialy at a beginers leval. there is also many video tutorials that will get you up to speed quickly too.
Please don’t snap, many of us have been here for years and we see this question over and over and over, we like helping but we’r not realy into spoon feeding.

You seem to have miss read the original post. Sarah asked for a recomendation for a BOOK not a tutorial. Some people, and I an one, prefer reading books to on screen tutorials and books often cover thing in a different way and in more detail.

Please be more careful in future.

John
S
shamilton72
Aug 17, 2006
jim wrote:
Kingdom wrote:

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!

You didn’t read my question properly you ignorant caveman. You need to get laid so you’d better save some money. The very fact you typed so much shows what an ignoramus you are.
TB
Tony Blair
Aug 17, 2006
"Sarah" wrote in message
You didn’t read my question properly you ignorant caveman. You need to get laid so you’d better save some money. The very fact you typed so much shows what an ignoramus you are.

Hi Sarah

Kingdom can be a little irascible at times!! but he’s knowledgeable and helpful on his good days!! Now there’s a few others who are just darn right unhelpful, you’ll get to know whose who in a while! Oh and welcome to the group!

Harry
A
anti-spam
Aug 17, 2006
Sarah wrote:

Sarh, Sarah – you seem to not realize that the British Empire is no more. A bit more humanity, please.
K
Kingdom
Aug 18, 2006
Your looking like a Troll now!
TB
Tony Blair
Aug 20, 2006
"Harry Limey" wrote in message
Hi Sarah

Kingdom can be a little irascible at times!! but he’s knowledgeable and helpful on his good days!! Now there’s a few others who are just darn right unhelpful, you’ll get to know whose who in a while! Oh and welcome to the group!

Harry

Told you!! See Re: photoshop 7 crashing! any help?
MR
Mike Russell
Aug 20, 2006
"Harry Limey" wrote in message
Kingdom can be a little irascible at times!! but he’s knowledgeable and helpful on his good days!!

Told you!! See Re: photoshop 7 crashing! any help?

Truer words, never spoken

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
J
jim
Aug 21, 2006
Sarah wrote:

jim wrote:

Kingdom wrote:

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!

Hmm! I hope the fact that you replied to my posting is simply a mistake on your part…

But for your information, where I live ignorant cavemen generally do quite well in the procreation stakes presumably without fees… There are football grounds full of testimony to this most weekends!
P
plew
Aug 27, 2006
On 2006-08-16, Kingdom wrote:
jim wrote in

Kingdom wrote:

"Sarah" wrote in

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!

Are you implying that Google always has the "latest" info on the "latest" books & that there are no longer any more books written about Photoshop or reviews thereof?

I’ve found that Google doesn’t always have the "latest" info on what is being searched; also the searching results are different when more than 1 word is being used as the search criteria.
K
Kingdom
Aug 27, 2006
wrote in
news::

On 2006-08-16, Kingdom wrote:
jim wrote in

Kingdom wrote:

"Sarah" wrote in

Thanking you in advance,

Sarah Hamilton.

Ever heard of Google?

Yes!

Are you implying that Google always has the "latest" info on the "latest" books & that there are no longer any more books written about Photoshop or reviews thereof?

I’ve found that Google doesn’t always have the "latest" info on what is being searched; also the searching results are different when more than 1 word is being used as the search criteria.

I’m sorry but you post just doesn’t merit a reply!

J
john
Aug 28, 2006
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 21:26:29 GMT, Kingdom
wrote:

I’m sorry but you post just doesn’t merit a reply!

So why did you reply ???

John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections