PS
Posted By
Phil Slater
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working on an image looking down on some images of objects I’ve positioned in a box. I want to get the effect of a thin plastic film (like cling-film) stretched over the top of the box. I’ve tried the controls in Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap, but it always "shrink-wraps" the contents. I’d like a plastic cover stretched across without it touching the contents of the box.

Any ideas, anyone? Help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
TheOne
Aug 19, 2004
in article cg0ghp$rb7$, Phil Slater at
wrote on 08/18/2004 2:09 PM:

I’m working on an image looking down on some images of objects I’ve positioned in a box. I want to get the effect of a thin plastic film (like cling-film) stretched over the top of the box. I’ve tried the controls in Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap, but it always "shrink-wraps" the contents. I’d like a plastic cover stretched across without it touching the contents of the box.

Thanks

Phil

Scan some "Plastic Wrap" on something and see what you actually get… then draw it.
JD
John Doe
Aug 19, 2004
I think it is Auto FX Dream Suite 1 that has a plastic wrap filter that is quite impressive. http://www.autofx.com

John

"Phil Slater" wrote in message

Thanks

Phil
E
Eliska
Aug 19, 2004
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:09:14 +0000 (UTC), Phil Slater
wrote:

Thanks

Phil

I’m still pretty much an amateur, but I experimented with putting a layer over an object, filling it with a light grayish blue, adding some monochromatic gaussian noise, motion blue at an angle, fiddled with some lighting effects filters then applied the plastic filter to that layer. Reduce the opacity and presto – it looks like stretched plastic wrap.

Eliska

remove those pesky SPOTTEDELEPHANTS to reply

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections