Posted By
Paul Burdett
Aug 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
OK..I’m off overseas in 5 weeks time and I’d like to come home, make a panorama pic using PS7 (or the stitch software that came with my Canon A70), get it printed at approx 3×1 feet (not sure of exact size), get it professionally framed and finally hang it on my lounge room wall! Seems simple?..well, here’s my questions:

1. As I can only take pics using jpeg I estimate the file size of each shot of the panorama to be around 3 mb. I will probably take around 5-6 shots to make the final panorama. After stitching the pics together should I save as jpeg or tiff? (I’m thinking tiff)

2. In PS should I then resize the pic at 200 or 300 pixels per inch ? (I’ve just read a previous thread where it was suggested that 200 would be ok, ( as the pic will be viewed from 5-6 feet away)

3. In PS I would assume "constrain proportions" should be ticked?

4. What is the most suitable resample setting…bicubic, bilinear, nearest neighbor? (I’m thinking bicubic)

5. Assuming I save the resulting file to a cd and take it along for professional printing how do I guarantee that the printed image will be as I see it on my monitor? I was told some time ago from the woman at my local printers that I could just print my pic out at home, (before resizing it on my computer) and if happy with the colours etc bring it in to them and they would do the resizing and printing. Is this the best option?

Many thanks in advance…I do appreciate and value the help from this newsgroup. I probably won’t be going overseas again for many years, so I’d like to get it right (lol)

Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
arrooke
Aug 14, 2004
Hi all,
OK..I’m off overseas in 5 weeks time and I’d like to come home, make a panorama pic using PS7 (or the stitch software that came with my Canon
A70),
get it printed at approx 3×1 feet (not sure of exact size), get it professionally framed and finally hang it on my lounge room wall! Seems simple?..well, here’s my questions:

Presuming that you and the camera return safely . . .

1. As I can only take pics using jpeg I estimate the file size of each
shot
of the panorama to be around 3 mb. I will probably take around 5-6 shots
to
make the final panorama. After stitching the pics together should I save
as
jpeg or tiff? (I’m thinking tiff)

Either will do. Tiff will be a huge file. JPEG is a lossy format, meaning you can loose information, but that only happens when you are altering & re-saving. Since you are likely to be editing as a psd (Photoshop) file, why not make a PDF. It will give you a smaller file size and also retain all information.
However, since you have a 700 MB CD; first choice would be PDF, then EPS, TIFF, JPG.

2. In PS should I then resize the pic at 200 or 300 pixels per inch ?
(I’ve
just read a previous thread where it was suggested that 200 would be ok, ( as the pic will be viewed from 5-6 feet away)

It will be digitally printed on a large ink jet type plotter. 200 ppi should do – maybe slightly higher. You don’t need 300. Double check with the printer. You may also be constrained somewhat by the maximum size of your original image. Is it digital camera or 35 mm?

Yes. Don’t want to be out of proportion.

4. What is the most suitable resample setting…bicubic, bilinear, nearest neighbor? (I’m thinking bicubic)

Bicubic.

5. Assuming I save the resulting file to a cd and take it along for professional printing how do I guarantee that the printed image will be as
I
see it on my monitor? I was told some time ago from the woman at my local printers that I could just print my pic out at home, (before resizing it
on
my computer) and if happy with the colours etc bring it in to them and
they
would do the resizing and printing. Is this the best option?

You’ll know after it’s done. heh,heh. Make a smaller copy of the file. Say to fit on 11 x 17 (tabloid) size and have that digitally printed first (not home inkjet). That should give you a good idea of where you are with colour.

Many thanks in advance…I do appreciate and value the help from this newsgroup. I probably won’t be going overseas again for many years, so I’d like to get it right (lol)

Paul
Have fun. Not going to Iraq I hope.
TD
The Doormouse
Aug 14, 2004
I added extra emphasis to parts of this post due to my experiences with the general public.

"Paul Burdett" wrote:

1. After stitching the pics
together should I save as jpeg or tiff? (I’m thinking tiff)

Tiff – BEFORE stitching them.
Tiff – AFTER.

Keep the ORIGINALS INTACT.
Keep COPIES.
Keep MULTIPLE copies as you work – version 1, version 2, and more.

NO! Once you have made your panorama, look at how large Photoshop thinks that your image is. At 2-3 MB, each piece of the panorama is prolly 8×11 inches (approximate). The entire panorama – is it as large as you need it to be, in INCHES? Is it too small? Too big?

A picture that is TOO BIG can be shrunk. UNCLICK the "resample" box. Change the ***INCHES*** dimensions so that it is "small enough" and notice that the resolution INCREASES. Happy days!

If the panorama is TOO SMALL, change the ***inches*** dimension. Leave the Dpi ALONE for now.

For a poster printed at Kinko’s (for example), 75 dpi is FINE.

Yes.

Do not resample. Resampling is not what you want for this image. It is a last resort if the final panorama simply is too small (less than 50 Dpi at the size that you want).

5. Assuming I save the resulting file to a cd and take it along for professional printing how do I guarantee that the printed image will be as I see it on my monitor?

Forget it. This is way out of your range. You will not get "monitor perfect" results, for reasons that take far to long to explain here.

I was told some time ago from the woman
at my local printers that I could just print my pic out at home, (before resizing it on my computer) and if happy with the colours etc bring it in to them and they would do the resizing and printing. Is this the best option?

No, but it would probably work.

So long as you have the ORIGINALS INTACT, you can make as many attempts to get this right as you have patience. Did I mention keeping a pristine copy of the originals? I am not joking – so many times I have worked on soemthing, and then, oops, too bad …

Kinko’s will print a poster size printout on the cheap. TRY IT. It’s a good test of what your poster will look like at full size. You may even like the results so much that you have the output framed! Keep in mind that you may have to have it reprinted and reframed from time to time.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
V
V1nc3nt
Aug 14, 2004
You must be in a good mood Doormouse 😉
V
V1nc3nt
Aug 14, 2004
"Arty Phacting" wrote in message
yeh I think she has a terrible boss

Voivod?
B
bagal
Aug 14, 2004

Arts

"V1nc3nt" wrote in message
You must be in a good mood Doormouse 😉

B
bagal
Aug 14, 2004
even worse that that m8

self-employed

<tee-hee>

Arts

"V1nc3nt" wrote in message
"Arty Phacting" wrote in message

Voivod?

TS
The Signatory
Aug 15, 2004
"Paul Burdett" wrote in message
Hi all,
OK..I’m off overseas in 5 weeks time and I’d like to come home, make a panorama pic using PS7 (or the stitch software that came with my Canon
A70),
get it printed at approx 3×1 feet (not sure of exact size), get it professionally framed and finally hang it on my lounge room wall!
Seems
simple?..well, here’s my questions:
<snipped>
Many thanks in advance…I do appreciate and value the help from this newsgroup. I probably won’t be going overseas again for many years, so
I’d
like to get it right (lol)

Paul

Paul, I have recently purchased a Canon A70 for an acquaintance and did some test shoots with it, including panoramas.
Firstly, as you correctly state the Canon A70 Powershot only outputs images in JPEG, so they will already be compressed/lossy before turning into TIFF. So what’s the point? Well, normally there would be little point, but as you will see in my workflow ‘c’ below, you will need them to be in TIFF format for using a vignette correcting software called EnBlend. Just make sure you use the camera’s JPEG Superfine (i.e. Maximum quality) setting at whatever resoulution/image size you prefer, for the best possible quality (which is very good, and you may just want to lose any JPEG artifacts by using Neat Image first. However, it is a time limited trial program so you’ll have to work quickly! Get it here: http://www.neatimage.com)

In addition to all the other tips offered by others in this thread, you will also have to consider how you will ‘stitch’ together digital images containing 1. Lens pincushion and barrel distortion, and 2. Vignetting around the peripheral field of view which will make your images look a bit like a patchwork quilt. (Both these undesirable side effects are present on most digital prosumer cameras with optical zoom lenses, BTW). If the panoramic composition is to be a treasured pride & joy, then I suggest you prepare yourself for some hard, but enjoyable work! Here is my suggested workflow you will need to prepare for:

a) You will first need to rid your images of the ‘barrelling’ problem. There are several 3rd party software offerings to do this (e.g. LensDoc and Power Retouche) , but most come at a hefty price. However, there is one free one called PTLens by Thomas Niemann, which is designed to work on the back of another piece of software called Panorama Tools, which I mention below in connection with stitching the images together. Although it needs a lens ‘profile’ to work, it doesn’t include this model of camera in its list of pre-profiled devices. The software developer will profile your camera for you for free, but I tried the profile for the Pentax 230 camera and it did an excellent job on the Canon A70 images (You will need to trick the software into accepting your camera’s EXIF data though, so follow his guidelines given in his included PDF documentation). However, my panoramics were not outdoor landscapes, so the mathematics for that lens may not work at the longer distances you will be shooting from. In that event, I suggest you follow his instructions on how to submit your own images to him for profiling first. As an added bonus, this program will NOT strip out the EXIF information stored in the JPEG images, unlike the other software I have mentioned. So you can use PTLens to correct all your 1x shot photos prior to printing on PictBridge compliant printers.
Get PTLens and tutorial here from ePaperPress:
http://www.epaperpress.com/ptlens/

b) Stitch the images together. (Don’t use the Canon Panoramic Stitching software, as it is very hit & miss)
Get the free software written by the well regarded authority in digital optics, Helmut Dersch, called Panorama Tools.
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/

There is also another one called Hugin avalable here:
http://http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ although I haven’t personal experience of it.

You might also want to give another and more automated tool a try, although I have not used it myself yet.
It’s called AutoPano and is obtainable here:
http://www.le-geo.com/kolor/autopano/

c) Remove the vignetting.
EnBlend is your free solution here, although on this occasion you will have to output your images from Panorama Tools as TIFF’s to work with this program, I believe. Go here for it:
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal/enblend/

HTH and bon voyage!

Kind regards

Nigel
PB
Paul Burdett
Aug 15, 2004
"arrooke" wrote in message
Hi all,
A70),
get it printed at approx 3×1 feet (not sure of exact size), get it professionally framed and finally hang it on my lounge room wall! Seems simple?..well, here’s my questions:

Presuming that you and the camera return safely . . .

1. As I can only take pics using jpeg I estimate the file size of each
shot
of the panorama to be around 3 mb. I will probably take around 5-6 shots
to
make the final panorama. After stitching the pics together should I save
as
jpeg or tiff? (I’m thinking tiff)

Either will do. Tiff will be a huge file. JPEG is a lossy format, meaning you can loose information, but that only happens when you are altering & re-saving. Since you are likely to be editing as a psd (Photoshop) file,
why
not make a PDF. It will give you a smaller file size and also retain all information.
However, since you have a 700 MB CD; first choice would be PDF, then EPS, TIFF, JPG.

(I’ve
just read a previous thread where it was suggested that 200 would be ok,
(
as the pic will be viewed from 5-6 feet away)

It will be digitally printed on a large ink jet type plotter. 200 ppi
should
do – maybe slightly higher. You don’t need 300. Double check with the printer. You may also be constrained somewhat by the maximum size of your original image. Is it digital camera or 35 mm?

Yes. Don’t want to be out of proportion.

4. What is the most suitable resample setting…bicubic, bilinear,
nearest
neighbor? (I’m thinking bicubic)

Bicubic.

5. Assuming I save the resulting file to a cd and take it along for professional printing how do I guarantee that the printed image will be
as
I
see it on my monitor? I was told some time ago from the woman at my
local
printers that I could just print my pic out at home, (before resizing
it
on
my computer) and if happy with the colours etc bring it in to them and
they
would do the resizing and printing. Is this the best option?

You’ll know after it’s done. heh,heh. Make a smaller copy of the file. Say to fit on 11 x 17 (tabloid) size and have that digitally printed first
(not
home inkjet). That should give you a good idea of where you are with
colour.
Many thanks in advance…I do appreciate and value the help from this newsgroup. I probably won’t be going overseas again for many years, so
I’d

Paul
Have fun. Not going to Iraq I hope.

Thank you so much for the info! It is much appreciated. Iraq..no, UK/France..yes.
Cheers,
Paul
PB
Paul Burdett
Aug 15, 2004
"The Doormouse" wrote in message
I added extra emphasis to parts of this post due to my experiences with
the
general public.

"Paul Burdett" wrote:

1. After stitching the pics
together should I save as jpeg or tiff? (I’m thinking tiff)

Tiff – BEFORE stitching them.
Tiff – AFTER.

Keep the ORIGINALS INTACT.
Keep COPIES.
Keep MULTIPLE copies as you work – version 1, version 2, and more.

NO! Once you have made your panorama, look at how large Photoshop thinks that your image is. At 2-3 MB, each piece of the panorama is prolly 8×11 inches (approximate). The entire panorama – is it as large as you need it to be, in INCHES? Is it too small? Too big?

A picture that is TOO BIG can be shrunk. UNCLICK the "resample" box. Change the ***INCHES*** dimensions so that it is "small enough" and notice that the resolution INCREASES. Happy days!

If the panorama is TOO SMALL, change the ***inches*** dimension. Leave the Dpi ALONE for now.

For a poster printed at Kinko’s (for example), 75 dpi is FINE.

Yes.

Do not resample. Resampling is not what you want for this image. It is a last resort if the final panorama simply is too small (less than 50 Dpi at the size that you want).

5. Assuming I save the resulting file to a cd and take it along for professional printing how do I guarantee that the printed image will be as I see it on my monitor?

Forget it. This is way out of your range. You will not get "monitor perfect" results, for reasons that take far to long to explain here.
I was told some time ago from the woman
at my local printers that I could just print my pic out at home, (before resizing it on my computer) and if happy with the colours etc bring it in to them and they would do the resizing and printing. Is this the best option?

No, but it would probably work.

So long as you have the ORIGINALS INTACT, you can make as many attempts to get this right as you have patience. Did I mention keeping a pristine copy of the originals? I am not joking – so many times I have worked on soemthing, and then, oops, too bad …

Kinko’s will print a poster size printout on the cheap. TRY IT. It’s a
good
test of what your poster will look like at full size. You may even like
the
results so much that you have the output framed! Keep in mind that you may have to have it reprinted and reframed from time to time.
The Doormouse

Many thanks for your reply..it is much appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul
PB
Paul Burdett
Aug 15, 2004
Hi Nigel,
Many thanks for your detailed reply..it is very much appreciated. I will check out all the software you suggest. I did have a look at Panotools some time ago, but felt the learning curve was quite steep (for me anyway). I guess I’ll just have to go into "study" mode and revisit it again..especially if I want a good result. Meanwhile. I’ll take plenty of pics, make copies of the originals, and use the software I already have to make the panorama, and then try the ones you suggest and compare the results. Thank you for your good wishes!
Cheers,
Paul

"The Signatory" wrote in message
Hi all,
A70),
get it printed at approx 3×1 feet (not sure of exact size), get it professionally framed and finally hang it on my lounge room wall!
Seems
simple?..well, here’s my questions:
<snipped>
I’d

Paul

Paul, I have recently purchased a Canon A70 for an acquaintance and did some test shoots with it, including panoramas.
Firstly, as you correctly state the Canon A70 Powershot only outputs images in JPEG, so they will already be compressed/lossy before turning into TIFF. So what’s the point? Well, normally there would be little point, but as you will see in my workflow ‘c’ below, you will need them to be in TIFF format for using a vignette correcting software called EnBlend. Just make sure you use the camera’s JPEG Superfine (i.e. Maximum quality) setting at whatever resoulution/image size you prefer, for the best possible quality (which is very good, and you may just want to lose any JPEG artifacts by using Neat Image first. However, it is a time limited trial program so you’ll have to work quickly! Get it here: http://www.neatimage.com)

In addition to all the other tips offered by others in this thread, you will also have to consider how you will ‘stitch’ together digital images containing 1. Lens pincushion and barrel distortion, and 2. Vignetting around the peripheral field of view which will make your images look a bit like a patchwork quilt. (Both these undesirable side effects are present on most digital prosumer cameras with optical zoom lenses, BTW). If the panoramic composition is to be a treasured pride & joy, then I suggest you prepare yourself for some hard, but enjoyable work! Here is my suggested workflow you will need to prepare for:

a) You will first need to rid your images of the ‘barrelling’ problem. There are several 3rd party software offerings to do this (e.g. LensDoc and Power Retouche) , but most come at a hefty price. However, there is one free one called PTLens by Thomas Niemann, which is designed to work on the back of another piece of software called Panorama Tools, which I mention below in connection with stitching the images together. Although it needs a lens ‘profile’ to work, it doesn’t include this model of camera in its list of pre-profiled devices. The software developer will profile your camera for you for free, but I tried the profile for the Pentax 230 camera and it did an excellent job on the Canon A70 images (You will need to trick the software into accepting your camera’s EXIF data though, so follow his guidelines given in his included PDF documentation). However, my panoramics were not outdoor landscapes, so the mathematics for that lens may not work at the longer distances you will be shooting from. In that event, I suggest you follow his instructions on how to submit your own images to him for profiling first. As an added bonus, this program will NOT strip out the EXIF information stored in the JPEG images, unlike the other software I have mentioned. So you can use PTLens to correct all your 1x shot photos prior to printing on PictBridge compliant printers.
Get PTLens and tutorial here from ePaperPress:
http://www.epaperpress.com/ptlens/

b) Stitch the images together. (Don’t use the Canon Panoramic Stitching software, as it is very hit & miss)
Get the free software written by the well regarded authority in digital optics, Helmut Dersch, called Panorama Tools.

There is also another one called Hugin avalable here:
http://http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ although I haven’t personal experience of it.

You might also want to give another and more automated tool a try, although I have not used it myself yet.
It’s called AutoPano and is obtainable here:
http://www.le-geo.com/kolor/autopano/

c) Remove the vignetting.
EnBlend is your free solution here, although on this occasion you will have to output your images from Panorama Tools as TIFF’s to work with this program, I believe. Go here for it:
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal/enblend/

HTH and bon voyage!

Kind regards

Nigel

TS
The Signatory
Aug 15, 2004
Paul Burdett wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Many thanks for your detailed reply..it is very much appreciated. I will check out all the software you suggest. I did have a look at Panotools some time ago, but felt the learning curve was quite steep (for me anyway). I guess I’ll just have to go into "study" mode and revisit it again..especially if I want a good result. Meanwhile. I’ll take plenty of pics, make copies of the originals, and use the software I already have to make the panorama, and then try the ones you suggest and compare the results. Thank you for your good wishes! Cheers,
Paul

Yes, it will be a bit of a chore getting to grips with the software, and who said the ‘darkroom’ was dead?!! 😉
Maybe you can post a link here to your final image when you’re done?

Cheers from a very drenched UK! Make sure you bring a brolly, as it looks like we are having a very wet summer over here with plenty of fash floods. (Just had the dying remnants of an atlantic hurricane over us.) Still, the dry bits in between are quite nice…he he!

Kind regards

Nigel
TS
The Signatory
Aug 15, 2004
The Signatory wrote:
Paul Burdett wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Many thanks for your detailed reply..it is very much appreciated. I will check out all the software you suggest. I did have a look at Panotools some time ago, but felt the learning curve was quite steep (for me anyway). I guess I’ll just have to go into "study" mode and revisit it again..especially if I want a good result. Meanwhile. I’ll take plenty of pics, make copies of the originals, and use the software I already have to make the panorama, and then try the ones you suggest and compare the results. Thank you for your good wishes! Cheers,
Paul

Yes, it will be a bit of a chore getting to grips with the software, and who said the ‘darkroom’ was dead?!! 😉
Cheers from a very drenched UK! Make sure you bring a brolly, as it looks like we are having a very wet summer over here with plenty of fash floods. (Just had the dying remnants of an atlantic hurricane over us.) Still, the dry bits in between are quite nice…he he!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there is a program called PTGui which attempts to automate PanoTools with a wizard-type interface. Again, it’s only available on a time limited trial basis before you must register it, but it could be worth it for you…..
Go here: http://www.ptgui.com/

Kind regards

Nigel
PB
Paul Burdett
Aug 15, 2004
Thanks again Nigel…hopefully it won’t rain all the time….don’t want to get my A70 too wet (lol). We’re visiting all the places I never saw when I lived in London…Scotland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall, etc etc (came to Australia when I was 16)…hopefully I’ll get plenty of "dry" pics! I checked out the PTlens..couldn’t see how to "trick" the program into getting the Canon A70 profile though. Also downloaded Panotools (but didn’t install) and there was no pdf help file in the folder after unzipping. I’ll check out PTGui now. I’ll be sure to post a link to any worthwhile pics, but meanwhile (& I hope this is ok to do so) here is a link to my online gallery, which does have a few panoramas of Brisbane. Hope you like my pics: www.paul8133.fotopic.net
Cheers,
Paul

"The Signatory" wrote in message
The Signatory wrote:
Paul Burdett wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Paul

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there is a program called PTGui which attempts to automate PanoTools with a wizard-type interface. Again, it’s only available on a time limited trial basis before you must register it, but it could be worth it for you…..
Go here: http://www.ptgui.com/

Kind regards

Nigel

TS
The Signatory
Aug 15, 2004
Paul Burdett wrote:
Thanks again Nigel…hopefully it won’t rain all the time….don’t want to get my A70 too wet (lol). We’re visiting all the places I never saw when I lived in London…Scotland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall, etc etc (came to Australia when I was 16)…hopefully I’ll get plenty of "dry" pics!
I checked out the PTlens..couldn’t see how to "trick" the program into getting the Canon A70 profile though. Also downloaded Panotools (but didn’t install) and there was no pdf help file in the folder after unzipping. I’ll check out PTGui now. I’ll be sure to post a link to any worthwhile pics, but meanwhile (& I hope this is ok to do so) here is a link to my online gallery, which does have a few panoramas of Brisbane. Hope you like my pics: www.paul8133.fotopic.net Cheers,
Paul

Paul, if I may, I’ll email the 2 profile.txt files I ‘amended’ to make PTLens work. I assume your email address given in the properties to your posts is correct.(i.e. pburdett ‘at’ optusnet.com.au).

I’ll also check out your link shortly. 😉

Kind regards

Nigel
TS
The Signatory
Aug 15, 2004
The Signatory wrote:
Paul Burdett wrote:
Thanks again Nigel…hopefully it won’t rain all the time….don’t want to get my A70 too wet (lol). We’re visiting all the places I never saw when I lived in London…Scotland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall, etc etc (came to Australia when I was 16)…hopefully I’ll get plenty of "dry" pics!
I checked out the PTlens..couldn’t see how to "trick" the program into getting the Canon A70 profile though. Also downloaded Panotools (but didn’t install) and there was no pdf help file in the folder after unzipping. I’ll check out PTGui now. I’ll be sure to post a link to any worthwhile pics, but meanwhile (& I hope this is ok to do so) here is a link to my online gallery, which does have a few panoramas of Brisbane. Hope you like my pics:
www.paul8133.fotopic.net
Cheers,
Paul

Paul, if I may, I’ll email the 2 profile.txt files I ‘amended’ to make PTLens work. I assume your email address given in the properties to your posts is correct.(i.e. pburdett ‘at’ optusnet.com.au).
I’ll also check out your link shortly. 😉

Paul, you have post!

BTW, I forgot to mention in my email that you *must* have the PanoTools DLL file (pano12.dll) installed in your Windows Sytem folder, and that you set the path to tell where PTLens can find PanoTool’s ‘Stitcher’ program (PTStitcher.exe located in the PanoTools ‘Helper’ folder), which it also needs to run. So, all in all, I should install the PanoTools software pronto.

Kind regards

Nigel
TD
The Doormouse
Aug 15, 2004
"Paul Burdett" wrote:

Many thanks for your reply..it is much appreciated.

You are welcome. Enjoy your poster 🙂

The Doormouse

S
Stephan
Aug 18, 2004
Hi all,
A70),
snip<

I don’t mean to sound too pessimistic here but I suggest you try to stitch anything with your software before you plan on large prints. Unless you have found the nodal point of your lens and have a way to correct its distortions making a panorama is more complicated that it sounds. I tried the Canon software and the output was horrible.
If you want to know more here are a few helpful links
http://www.digitalpanos.com/articles/make/index.html
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/index .html http://www.panoguide.com/

Stephan
PB
Paul Burdett
Aug 22, 2004
Thank you for the links,
Cheers,
Paul

"Stephan" wrote in message
Hi all,
A70),
snip<

I don’t mean to sound too pessimistic here but I suggest you try to stitch anything with your software before you plan on large prints. Unless you have found the nodal point of your lens and have a way to
correct
its distortions making a panorama is more complicated that it sounds. I tried the Canon software and the output was horrible.
If you want to know more here are a few helpful links
http://www.digitalpanos.com/articles/make/index.html
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/index .html http://www.panoguide.com/

Stephan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections