R
Posted By
ronviers
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The thing I hated about Photoshop Elements was that while using ‘Levels’ I would sometimes want my highlights to be represented on the right hand side but then at other times I would want them on the left side. It was so distracting to have to edit a picture using a histogram that forced me to think of the shadows as being represented on the left when I wanted them to be on the right. I tried looking on the web for a Photoshop plug-in that would allow me to change the darks from the left side to the right side but I could not find a thing that would help. So when I finally got CS2 of course this was the first thing I checked. When I realized that Adobe had failed to fix such a glaring shortcoming I almost decided to go Gimp. Then I found ‘Curves’. Thank god. Finally I can move my darks to the right hand side. In fact ‘Adobe’ has done such a fine job of
implementing this feature that I can change the highlights from the right to the left and back again while editing a single channel. I hope a fix for ‘Levels’ will be included with the next update. I just hope they do not get distracted by something silly like adding a histogram to the ‘Curves’ Dialogue.

Brgds,
Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
j
Jul 26, 2006
wrote in message
The thing I hated about Photoshop Elements was that while using ‘Levels’ I would sometimes want my highlights to be represented on the right hand side but then at other times I would want them on the left side. […] So when I finally got CS2 of course this was the first thing I checked. When I realized that Adobe had failed to fix such a glaring shortcoming .

Levels should be thrown away. Use CURVES where you CAN reverse the orientation.
R
Roberto
Jul 26, 2006
Well, that would be fine except Elements doesn’t have curves.

R

"j" wrote in message
wrote in message
The thing I hated about Photoshop Elements was that while using ‘Levels’ I would sometimes want my highlights to be represented on the right hand side but then at other times I would want them on the left side. […] So when I finally got CS2 of course this was the first thing I checked. When I realized that Adobe had failed to fix such a glaring shortcoming .

JS
John Stafford
Jul 26, 2006
"Hebee Jeebes" wrote in message
Well, that would be fine except Elements doesn’t have curves.
R

"j" wrote in message
wrote in message

R
ronviers
Jul 27, 2006

I could not figure out how to "throw" it but I was able to edit the menus so ‘Levels’ is no longer selectable. In fact I got rid of everything except the ‘Levels’ and the ‘Brightness/Contrast’ selections because they were the only ones that did not bug me. CS2 seems much simpler now.

Thanks,
Ron
R
ronviers
Jul 27, 2006
wrote:

I could not figure out how to "throw" it but I was able to edit the menus so ‘Levels’ is no longer selectable. In fact I got rid of everything except the ‘Levels’ and the ‘Brightness/Contrast’ selections because they were the only ones that did not bug me. CS2 seems much simpler now.

Thanks,
Ron

Of course I meant to say ‘Curves’ and the ‘Brightness/Contrast’. Leaving ‘Levels’ would have been silly.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections