C
Posted By
cmichaud
Jul 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to take a logo created in illustrator and move it into a photoshop document as a layer. How do i do this. Do i resize the vector image in illustrator…..and what do i save it as to keep the graphic integrity. i am brand new at this and flying from the hip. my problem is currently i am taking the logo and resizing it in photoshop and its not coming out sharp.

please help
caleb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kingdom
Jul 22, 2006
wrote in news:1153489949.289806.299940
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I want to take a logo created in illustrator and move it into a photoshop document as a layer. How do i do this. Do i resize the vector image in illustrator…..and what do i save it as to keep the graphic integrity. i am brand new at this and flying from the hip. my problem is currently i am taking the logo and resizing it in photoshop and its not coming out sharp.

please help
caleb

Don’t move it into photoshop!

Photoshop is an image manipulation application, images are raster not vector, Although PS does have a vector capability it is limited compared to illustrator which is is a vector application. In PS your vector graphic will degrade, hence the woolines whereas in illustator it will remain sharp.

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————
T
Tacit
Jul 22, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

You are correct; it will not come out sharp. Images in Photoshop are made out of pixels. Curves and non-vertical/non-horizontal lines that are made out of pixels will never be as sharp as vector objects.

First, why do you need the logo in Photoshop? Do you plan to use it on the Web? If so, you’ll simply have to accept that it will not be as sharp as the original vector logo; nothing you can do about it.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
C
Chris
Jul 22, 2006
In article ,
tacit wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

You are correct; it will not come out sharp. Images in Photoshop are made out of pixels. Curves and non-vertical/non-horizontal lines that are made out of pixels will never be as sharp as vector objects.
First, why do you need the logo in Photoshop? Do you plan to use it on the Web? If so, you’ll simply have to accept that it will not be as sharp as the original vector logo; nothing you can do about it.

…. well, except he could make sure when he rasterizes the image in Photoshop, he sets the initial image size in pixels larger than the final needed output, and scale it >down< in Photoshop, and then sharpen it a bit. True, not as pleasant as the vector output, but it should look fine for web use.
I
inez
Jul 23, 2006
On 7/22/06 1:44 PM, Chris Havel commented:

In article ,
tacit wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

… well, except he could make sure when he rasterizes the image in Photoshop, he sets the initial image size in pixels larger than the final needed output, and scale it >down< in Photoshop, and then sharpen it a bit. True, not as pleasant as the vector output, but it should look fine for web use.

Well, if it’s needed for web it could be resized in Illy as vector, then just Save for Web and keep the original vector image intact.
C
Chris
Jul 23, 2006
In article <C0E895EE.53881%>,
inez wrote:

On 7/22/06 1:44 PM, Chris Havel commented:

In article ,
tacit wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

… well, except he could make sure when he rasterizes the image in Photoshop, he sets the initial image size in pixels larger than the final needed output, and scale it >down< in Photoshop, and then sharpen it a bit. True, not as pleasant as the vector output, but it should look fine for web use.

Well, if it’s needed for web it could be resized in Illy as vector, then just Save for Web and keep the original vector image intact.

Sure. Depends on how you like to work. For me, it’s easier to push pixels around in a program designed to manipulate pixels. The original vector image is intact regardless.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections