N
Posted By
No
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create a image that I can use for a wall hanging picture. My plans are to create the image,then bring the file on a CD to Office Max and have them print it out on their huge printer. This finish image will be the size of a large wall painting, my question is,

what resolution should I set ?

Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RSD99
Aug 11, 2004
Ask the specific person at Office Max that runs the printer … everybody else would just be guessing.

"No" wrote in message
I want to create a image that I can use for a wall hanging picture. My plans are to create the image,then bring the file on a CD to Office Max and have them print it out on their huge printer. This finish image will be the size of a large wall painting, my question is,

Thanks in advance

BW
Bob Williams
Aug 11, 2004
No wrote:

Thanks in advance
Is your image Vector based (Digital Drawing, Painting etc) or a Bitmap image (photo)?
If it is vector based, it can be enlarged indefinitely without any degradation. So resize it to your chosen H X W @ 300 pixels/inch. If it is a digital photo, take the picture at the highest resolution and lowest compression your camera permits. Then Resample it in PS to your chosen dimensions @ 200 pixels/inch.
(you can get by with 200 vs 300 ppi because you will be viewing the image from several feet away instead of several inches away). Bob Williams

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections