Posted By
Dimitri Marshall
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,
I created a banner for a client using Fireworks, which I am fairly experienced using, but he would like it done in Photoshop so he can edit it using that program. Unfortunately, I’m not all that skilled in photoshop and need some help. This might seem like a basic question, because it is, but how do you fade images to transparent. I have graphics overlapping in the original fireworks banner and they fade onto one another and then there is a fade over all over all of them to white on the left side.

I hope I’m being clear.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dimitri Marshall

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Aug 10, 2004
Dimitri Marshall wrote:
Hi there,
I created a banner for a client using Fireworks, which I am fairly experienced using, but he would like it done in Photoshop so he can edit it using that program. Unfortunately, I’m not all that skilled in photoshop and need some help. This might seem like a basic question, because it is, but how do you fade images to transparent. I have graphics overlapping in the original fireworks banner and they fade onto one another and then there is a fade over all over all of them to white on the left side.
I hope I’m being clear.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dimitri Marshall
In short, Layer Mask. See manual and unline tutorials.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections