SS
Posted By
S S
Jul 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Up until now I have only used the PC for viewing my pictures and photoshop for a bit of tweaking, nothing too clever.

Now I want to print off a few pictures but the comparison on screen to the printed version are way different (colour wise). I recall from previous posts that there are settings that can be adjusted to compensate. I have only ever used photoshop in its default setting and the printer for that matter.

Can someone guide me in easy terms how or where I should make some adjustments in order to get a closer colour match.

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GP
Gene Palmiter
Jul 13, 2006
Google Russell Brown Tutorials and look near the bottom where he describes how to set up Creative Suite for printing on the Epson 2200. You can adapt that to your needs. (I print from CS to the E-2200 so I was in luck!)

Thanks,
Gene Palmiter
(visit my photo gallery at http://palmiter.dotphoto.com) freebridge design group

"S S" wrote in message
Up until now I have only used the PC for viewing my pictures and photoshop for a bit of tweaking, nothing too clever.

Now I want to print off a few pictures but the comparison on screen to the printed version are way different (colour wise). I recall from previous posts that there are settings that can be adjusted to compensate. I have only ever used photoshop in its default setting and the printer for that matter.

Can someone guide me in easy terms how or where I should make some adjustments in order to get a closer colour match.

thanks
RG
Roy G
Jul 13, 2006
"S S" wrote in message

thanks

Hi.

There are a number of sources for Colour Managed workflows.

www.computer-darkroom.com has a number of very good articles, and explanations, but they tend to show the Mac dialogue boxes, and can go a little bit too deep into theory for beginners to CM.

If you just want a workflow, there is one on our Club’s website. Go to www.ayrphoto.co.uk then to "Notices and Info" then "How to print for accurate Colour".

Roy G
SS
S S
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks for the help guys.

"Roy G" wrote in message
"S S" wrote in message

thanks

Hi.

There are a number of sources for Colour Managed workflows.
www.computer-darkroom.com has a number of very good articles, and explanations, but they tend to show the Mac dialogue boxes, and can go a little bit too deep into theory for beginners to CM.

If you just want a workflow, there is one on our Club’s website. Go to www.ayrphoto.co.uk then to "Notices and Info" then "How to print for accurate Colour".

Roy G

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections