Posted By
Terry
Jul 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

When I’m editing a picture or even creating one from scratch, if I go to Filter – Distort – Wave, nothing happens. I don’t see a dialog, nothing. The image doesn’t change a bit.

However, all other distortions in Filter – Distort menu work as expected; their dialogs show up and the effect is applied.

Stranger still, after clicking Filter – Distort – Wave and getting no joy, if I press CTRL-F (to reapply the latest filter) THEN a wave effect is applied. I still don’t see any settings dialog though!

I installed the latest patches last week. I tried rebooting, cleaning out the ‘Application Data’ dir.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Terry
Jul 9, 2006
Terry wrote:
Hi,

When I’m editing a picture or even creating one from scratch, if I go to Filter – Distort – Wave, nothing happens. I don’t see a dialog, nothing. The image doesn’t change a bit.

FYI: The problem was that I had another *.8bf file with the same name (wave.8bf) in the Third-Party plug in directory. I renamed the offending file and that solved the problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections