Thin streaking line effect (for lack of better name)

MH
Posted By
Matt Hopkins
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is one particular effect that I wish to learn how to achieve and I haven’t been able to find a tutorial anywhere for it. I also have no idea what to call the effect, which is probably a big factor in not being able to find anything on it.

An example of the effect can be found here –
http://www.aoineko.com/indexv1.html. The navigation is at the bottom left. If you click on the link "*the band" you can see the effect on the bottom image.

If you could share any ideas on how I can achieve this effect I would be most grateful.

Thanks so much!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GJ
Geoff Jackson
Aug 9, 2004
There is one particular effect that I wish to learn how to achieve and I haven’t been able to find a tutorial anywhere for it. I also have no idea what to call the effect, which is probably a big factor in not being able
to
find anything on it.

http://www.aoineko.com/indexv1.html. The navigation is at the bottom left. If you click on the link "*the band" you can see the effect on the bottom image.

If you could share any ideas on how I can achieve this effect I would be most grateful.

Thanks so much!

Use the Single Row Marquee tool, click on the image where you want the streak to start.
Edit, Define Pattern.
Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool, make a selection where you want the streak to start, Edit, Fill, using the pattern you have just defined.

That’s one simple way to do it, or after define the pattern you could instead use the Pattern Stamp Tool to paint in the streak with a large square brush.

Geoff

Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.

www.gjphoto.f9.co.uk
(Remove the obvious to reply)
I
Ian
Aug 10, 2004
"Geoff Jackson" wrote in message
There is one particular effect that I wish to learn how to achieve and I haven’t been able to find a tutorial anywhere for it. I also have no
idea
what to call the effect, which is probably a big factor in not being
able
to
find anything on it.

http://www.aoineko.com/indexv1.html. The navigation is at the bottom
left.
If you click on the link "*the band" you can see the effect on the
bottom
image.

Thanks so much!

Use the Single Row Marquee tool, click on the image where you want the streak to start.
Edit, Define Pattern.
Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool, make a selection where you want the
streak
to start, Edit, Fill, using the pattern you have just defined.

Or, Use the Single Row Marquee tool, hold down Ctrl + Alt and use the down arrow. Strangley this had different results depending on zoom levels the further in I zoomed the smoother the result (PS 6)

HTH
Ian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections