BB
Posted By
Brett Baisley
Aug 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a question. When I open a photo I took with my digital camera, Window XP opens it for preview in its default viewer. The photo looks great, nice sharp bright colors.

However, when I open the same photo in Adobe Photoshop, it looks darker. When I open the image in ImageReady, it looks the same as it does when Windows opens it. I know it has something to do with the color profile in Photoshop, but I can’t seem to get it to match.

Can someone help me out? Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
n8 skow
Aug 8, 2004
The Photoshop User Guide has an entire chapter devoted to this… Go ahead and read it and then come back with specific questions…

n8

I have a question. When I open a photo I took with my digital camera,
Window
XP opens it for preview in its default viewer. The photo looks great, nice sharp bright colors.

However, when I open the same photo in Adobe Photoshop, it looks darker. When I open the image in ImageReady, it looks the same as it does when Windows opens it. I know it has something to do with the color profile in Photoshop, but I can’t seem to get it to match.

BB
Brett Baisley
Aug 8, 2004
"n8 skow" wrote in message
The Photoshop User Guide has an entire chapter devoted to this… Go ahead and read it and then come back with specific questions…
n8

Window
XP opens it for preview in its default viewer. The photo looks great,
nice
sharp bright colors.

However, when I open the same photo in Adobe Photoshop, it looks darker. When I open the image in ImageReady, it looks the same as it does when Windows opens it. I know it has something to do with the color profile
in
Photoshop, but I can’t seem to get it to match.

I read that but I didn’t really understand it. No matter what profile I select as the default, when I open the photo, it appears dark. The only way I can get it to appear bright as it should, is when I open the photo and it asks me if I want to color correct to the format that is embedded in the photo. If I select the option to change profiles when opening the photo, its fine.

When I set the color profile in Photoshop to the same as embedded in the photo, open it and don’t color correct, it is still dark! Why is this? If I set it to use the same format, shouldn’t it open up the same way? Thats the part I don’t understand.
H
howldog
Aug 9, 2004
On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:48:04 GMT, "Brett Baisley" wrote:

"n8 skow" wrote in message
n8

Window
XP opens it for preview in its default viewer. The photo looks great,
nice
sharp bright colors.

However, when I open the same photo in Adobe Photoshop, it looks darker. When I open the image in ImageReady, it looks the same as it does when Windows opens it. I know it has something to do with the color profile
in
Photoshop, but I can’t seem to get it to match.

I read that but I didn’t really understand it. No matter what profile I select as the default, when I open the photo, it appears dark. The only way I can get it to appear bright as it should, is when I open the photo and it asks me if I want to color correct to the format that is embedded in the photo. If I select the option to change profiles when opening the photo, its fine.

When I set the color profile in Photoshop to the same as embedded in the photo, open it and don’t color correct, it is still dark! Why is this? If I set it to use the same format, shouldn’t it open up the same way? Thats the part I don’t understand.

in your color settings in Photoshop, under Working Spaces, what is your RGB color space set to?

I have a special setting I use, which tells photoshop to display a jpg using the same (more or less) color that the Windows system displays. Usually its Monitor RGB or maybe sRGB. Have you tried either of those?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections