JM
Posted By
John McWilliams
Jun 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS CS I, using filters, such as graphic pen. How do I set any given filter to its default settings short of a new Prefs. file?

John McWilliams

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Jason
Jun 14, 2006
In article ,
says…
PS CS I, using filters, such as graphic pen. How do I set any given filter to its default settings short of a new Prefs. file?
In a filter dialog, holding down Alt will temporarily change the Cancel button to Reset. I *think* it resets to the default values, but I mainly use it when I’ve thoroughly messed things up and want to start over without having to Cancel and re-open the filter dialog.

Jason

reverse my name in email address
J
Jason
Jun 15, 2006
In article ,
says…
I *think* it resets to the default values, but I mainly
use it when I’ve thoroughly messed things up and want to start over without having to Cancel and re-open the filter dialog.

I did some tests of this and find that it seems to cause some filters to revert to default behavior, but not others. One that doesn’t is Unsharp Mask – the most recently used settings persist. Oh, well.

Jason

reverse my name in email address

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections