Posted By
richard
May 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me please.
If I allocate 75% of RAM to Photoshop I understand that I only have 25% available to the rest of my PC. However, does this still apply when Photoshop is not loaded up?
Thank you.

richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mike Russell
May 22, 2006
"richard" wrote in message
If I allocate 75% of RAM to Photoshop I understand that I only have 25% available to the rest of my PC.

For historical reasons, related to early Mac performance, the slider controls the maximum amount of virtual memory used by Photoshop. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_memory

However, does this still apply when Photoshop is not loaded up?

No – Photoshop has no effect on other programs when it is not running. —
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
R
richard
May 23, 2006
Many thanks Mike.
Richard

In message <JNmcg.20831$>, Mike
Russell writes
"richard" wrote in message
If I allocate 75% of RAM to Photoshop I understand that I only have 25% available to the rest of my PC.

For historical reasons, related to early Mac performance, the slider controls the maximum amount of virtual memory used by Photoshop. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_memory

However, does this still apply when Photoshop is not loaded up?

No – Photoshop has no effect on other programs when it is not running.

richard
R
richard
Jul 3, 2006
I am working with 8mb images that ultimately need to be increased to 50mb using PS bicubic. I am adding new layers like replacement skies and flowers etc. and I need really good convincing edges. My query is, for the best possible result, should I make my additions and changes at the 8mb stage, or increase to 50mb and then make my changes there? Many thanks for any help.
Richard

richard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections