Only selected items are coloured; the rest are black and white.

S
Posted By
stevong
May 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a coloured photo. In this picture, there is a teddy bear; I wanted to use photoshop to create make the picture black and white EXCEPT the teddy bear.

Hence, in the picture, only the teddy bear remains coloured. How to go about doing that?

Any pointers?

Please advise.

Thanks
Steven

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Bill Hilton
May 18, 2006
stevong writes …

I have a coloured photo. In this picture, there is a teddy bear; I wanted to use photoshop to create make the picture black and white EXCEPT the teddy bear.
Hence, in the picture, only the teddy bear remains coloured. How to go about doing that?

Select the bear, select – inverse, adjustment layer of type hue/sat with sat -100 or adjustment layer of type channel mixer and check ‘monochrome’ … there are other ways but these should work easily once you get the selection of the bear right.
DF
Derek Fountain
May 18, 2006

Any pointers?

Please advise.

My advice would be don’t it. It’s such a naff and cliche effect…
W
Wheeler
Jun 17, 2006
"stevong" wrote in message
Hi,

Any pointers?

Please advise.

Thanks
Steven
one way would be :
Image>Mode>Grayscale
then Image>Mode>RGB
use history brush on bear
Wheeler

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections