Help! Photoshop 7.01 overshooting imported actions from version 6.

JC
Posted By
Joseph_Cincotta
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi…I’m using Windows XP Home edition with 512 megs of RAM on 1.4 gig Pentium 4 processor machine with 3 separate 20 gig hard drives. I’ve been using Phtoshop for a while now so when I decided to get the Photoshop 7.0 upgrade…I remembered to backup my actions created in a previous version. When I installed the upgrade and moved the actions into the new folder everything seemed fine…until that is…I started using the actions in version 7.01

I created a specific action that would create a new document…import jpeg file image into the blank document…crop around using a specific amount, then copying cropped image back to the clipboard so I could paste it into the application of my choice…which happens to be PageMaker 7.0. (I don’t have InDesign CS…not enough money saved up for that…sorry). When I ran this action in Photoshop 6.0, the actions worked perfectly. The images were all cropped at exactly the way I wanted them to. But for some reason I can’t understand…when I started using the actions in Photoshop 7.01, the crops were no longer perfectly aligning with the images imported. The crops were overshooting the margins to be cropped a clear one inch wide. I don’t know what’s causing this problem.

I carefully checked the actions to see if they were corrupted. But there’s nothing in the actions I’ve seen that I created in Photoshop 6 that seems out of order. Everything is as it should be. But for some reason…the crop marks for the actions aren’t correctly aligning around the images I wanted. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Mar 4, 2004
Two things come to mind…

The crops were overshooting the margins to be cropped a clear one inch wide.

Where do you determine this? That is, is it what you’re pasting into Pagemaker that is no longer what it should be, or is the "overshooting" demonstrable in photoshop. I’m trying to isolate clipboard issues between the apps.

If I were in your shoes, I would toggle on all the dialog boxes for the action, set the action options for Step By Step, and watch and see where/if it’s screwing up.

Peace,
Tony
JC
Joseph_Cincotta
Mar 5, 2004
The issue is in Photoshop 7.01. I still don’t understand why it’s happening. These actions I’ve created were painstakingly and manually tested to ensure correct procedures are followed during the action setps. I NEVER had a problem with this in Photoshop 6.01. I don’t understand why this is happening with Photoshop 7.01. It defies explanation since Photoshop 7 is SUPPOSED to read actions from previous versions correctly without further tinkering.
Y
YrbkMgr
Mar 5, 2004
Take a breath.

Photoshop 7 is SUPPOSED to read actions from previous versions correctly without further tinkering.

There were new features added to version 7 (hence the new version number). Thus it’s a matter of tracing what’s happening, step by step.

If you answer the questions I posted, we can begin the process of determining where the error is.

Peace,
Tony
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 5, 2004
(yikes!)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections