SC
Posted By
Scott Casper
Jul 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My IT guy is too busy plugging in power cables to help me out… anybody ever have trouble running PS 7 at the same time as Outlook? If I have both open, it takes MINUTES to fill a layer with a color, or open a new file, or save an .eps, among other things. As soon as I close Outlook, whammo- it does the job. I am baffled.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GH
Grass Hopper
Jul 3, 2003
Scott,

FWIW, I had a similar issue with PS6.0 and found that after I updated my OS and Office programs, the problem went away.

Others had similar issues with PS6, but I don’t recall hearing these problems with PS7.

not much help to you, sorry

grasshopper
DM
dave milbut
Jul 3, 2003
now if you really wanted to upgrade you’d go to <http://www.mozilla.org> and get version 1.4 for free which includes a great mail/news client! 🙂
C
Cheesefood
Jul 3, 2003
My problem is that if I have 7.0 open and my monitor turns off (set for auto turn-off) it often locks up my computer and I have to hard boot.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 3, 2003
your hard drives are probably turning off too. go into control panel, power options and set hard drive power down to never!
C
Cheesefood
Jul 3, 2003
Dave, you’re right, but usually all i need to do is press an arrow key to wake up the drives. They go into a deeeeep slumber when PS is open. Think Rip Van Winkle eats Sleeping Beauty’s apple.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 3, 2003
baaaad for your drives. don’t do that!
GH
Grass Hopper
Jul 4, 2003
Scott,

pleased I could be of assistance 🙂

grasshopper (still grasping for that silly pebble)
GH
Grass Hopper
Jul 4, 2003
Cheese,

Gateway computers used to have an issue with the OS power savers and could never recover from the power management enforced shutdowns. As a result a hard, cold reboot was needed, as *nothing* would bring it back from it’s deep sleep.

I learned, turn off ALL power management with regards to monitor and hard drive shutting down.

Screen savers are a different story ….

grasshopper
DM
dave milbut
Jul 4, 2003
monitors are generally ok. hard drives are a different matter. i’ve heard ms techs say that resume/hibernate/sleep whatever you call it never worked properly and is always a crap shoot when trying it from machine to machine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections