E
Posted By
Eion
Jul 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PhotoShop CS has a new feature to merge a number of photos into one panoramic view. This feature is not available in PhotoShop 7. And for the occasional panoramic view and at the price, CS is not in my immediate future.

Any PhotoShop "wizards" out there who can tell me how to photostitch/photomerge in Photoshop 7?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
noone
Jul 27, 2004
In article <sxgNc.117320$ says…
PhotoShop CS has a new feature to merge a number of photos into one panoramic view. This feature is not available in PhotoShop 7. And for the occasional panoramic view and at the price, CS is not in my immediate future.

Any PhotoShop "wizards" out there who can tell me how to photostitch/photomerge in Photoshop 7?

Thanks.

Create a New_Image approximately the size that you think the resultant panorama is going to be. You can Crop it later. Bring each image into a separate Layer. Create a Layer Mask for each (but the first). Using the Move Tool (and Opacity set well below 100% for the Layer being moved), position the Layers. Size each Layer as might be necessary, correcting any angular mis- alignment. Using Adjustment Layers on each image Layer, correct any exposure or color difference. Once you have everything arranged, lined up, and corrected to match (I start with one side of the composite and correct it, then move one Layer away and correct it to match), go to the Layer Masks and paint out the overlap, until you are satisfied with the transition. If, when you are done with a Layer, it needs additional correction, you can go back to the Adjustment Layers. When done, save as PSD, then Flatten Layers, and Save_As whatever you wish. Note: v7 has size limitations, that CS handles as regards file size, and dimensions.

Hunt
N
noone
Jul 27, 2004

Thanks.

Also, there are several shareware/freeware pano-makers available, but I haven’t used any of them, so I only commented on v7.

Hunt
E
Eion
Jul 27, 2004
Thanks Hunt, I’ll try your suggestions.

Eion.

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <sxgNc.117320$
says…
PhotoShop CS has a new feature to merge a number of photos into one panoramic view. This feature is not available in PhotoShop 7. And for
the
occasional panoramic view and at the price, CS is not in my immediate future.

Thanks.

Create a New_Image approximately the size that you think the resultant panorama is going to be. You can Crop it later. Bring each image into a separate Layer. Create a Layer Mask for each (but the first). Using the
Move
Tool (and Opacity set well below 100% for the Layer being moved), position
the
Layers. Size each Layer as might be necessary, correcting any angular mis- alignment. Using Adjustment Layers on each image Layer, correct any
exposure
or color difference. Once you have everything arranged, lined up, and corrected to match (I start with one side of the composite and correct it, then move one Layer away and correct it to match), go to the Layer Masks
and
paint out the overlap, until you are satisfied with the transition. If,
when
you are done with a Layer, it needs additional correction, you can go back
to
the Adjustment Layers. When done, save as PSD, then Flatten Layers, and Save_As whatever you wish. Note: v7 has size limitations, that CS handles
as
regards file size, and dimensions.

Hunt
J
Jason
Jul 27, 2004
In article , says…
– snip –
Also, there are several shareware/freeware pano-makers available, but I haven’t used any of them, so I only commented on v7.
A few years ago, I stumbled upon a panorama stitcher from Pixaround.com (http://www.pixaround.com). At the time, they were giving away the low- end version. That’s changed. The entry product, "Pixmaker Value" is not expensive but performs better, in my opinion, than the PS builtin. It also works better than the Canon software that came with my mid-range Canon camera. I have no relationship with this company; I just have had good results with their product. I have also tried out some freeware stitchers that weren’t worth the time to download.

Jason
BK
Brian K
Jul 27, 2004
If you get these files (from Elements Tryout etc) you can have PhotoMerge in PS7.

PhotomergeAuto.8li Automate folder

PhotomergeRender.8BF Filters folder
PhotoMergeUl.8BF Filters folder

Brian

"Eion" wrote in message
PhotoShop CS has a new feature to merge a number of photos into one panoramic view. This feature is not available in PhotoShop 7. And for
the

Thanks.

E
Eion
Jul 27, 2004
Thanks, Brian. I’ll try that.

Eion.

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4_ > wrote in message
If you get these files (from Elements Tryout etc) you can have PhotoMerge
in
PS7.

PhotomergeAuto.8li Automate folder

PhotomergeRender.8BF Filters folder
PhotoMergeUl.8BF Filters folder

Brian

"Eion" wrote in message
the

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections