N
Posted By
netrate
Apr 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a tv screen and I want to create the transparent glass that goes over it. Is there a way of doing this? Right now, the look I have is too flat, with this glass in front (which is weird because it is going to be transparent) I think it should give it a flesher look, more 3 dimensional. Any ideas or urls?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TN
Tom Nelson
Apr 17, 2006
These ought to help…
http://www.slimarillion.com/st_ball/stball.html
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/l/blsnowglobe1.ht m

In article ,
wrote:

I have a tv screen and I want to create the transparent glass that goes over it. Is there a way of doing this? Right now, the look I have is too flat, with this glass in front (which is weird because it is going to be transparent) I think it should give it a flesher look, more 3 dimensional. Any ideas or urls?
K
Kingdom
Apr 17, 2006
wrote in news:1145281862.054574.244150
@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Select the glass area, Contract by a suitable no of pixels around 10-15% of the area, fill with a white gradient fill from one corner, feather the hard edges, drop the opacity.

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
O
OceanView
Apr 25, 2006
Kingdom wrote in
news::

Select the glass area, Contract by a suitable no of pixels around 10-15% of the area, fill with a white gradient fill from one corner, feather the hard edges, drop the opacity.

I just fooled with this a bit. I got the result by using ‘blending options’ on the layer and playing with different ‘bevel and embosss’ settings.
K
Kingdom
Apr 25, 2006
OceanView wrote in

Kingdom wrote in

I just fooled with this a bit. I got the result by using ‘blending options’ on the layer and playing with different ‘bevel and embosss’ settings.

Great result, that’s how we all learn. I just love when I discover something new.

ITS NICE ALSO TO GET SOME FEED BACK, SO MANY JUST POST THEIR QUESTION AND NEVER THINK TO LET US KNOW THE RESULTS, opppps sorry for the caps

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections