PH
Posted By
Peter_Horwood
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe Elements has had a tool Enhance/Color/Color Cast since version 1.0.

When PS 7.0 came out, the product manager for Canada was on a radio show. He apologized for leaving this feature out of PS 7.0 and he promised that it would be in version 8.0. (This was after he said "Professionals don’t care about easy to use features like Color Cast – and then phone board lit up with professionals telling him what they thought of his comments.)

I can’t find it, and before I call him up and remind him of where when and how strongly he promised this….

Is it in Photoshop CS and I can’t find it? Is it named something else?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Malameel
Mar 2, 2004
Maybe what you are referring to is auto color? It can remove a color shift from an image automatically. Sometimes useful, sometimes it sucks. Usually it can be a nice starting point to see what you have to work with in bad images.
P
povimage
Mar 2, 2004
There are a TON of plugins that already do cast removal..

For that matter, why do so many think Photoshop needs every feature done by some other program?

Do the words "feature bloat" mean anything?

Keith
BG
barry_gray
Mar 3, 2004
Color cast 101-
Open curves > select shadow dropper click your shadow area > repeat with highlight dropper. Now midtone dropper > select a neutral gray or area that should be neutral gray > click-done! Artistic license goes along way here-you like! it be good! No need for all of the fancy pants color correct features since at least PS5.
PH
Peter_Horwood
Aug 11, 2004
I have waited, hoping there would be a reply telling me that the feature is hidden somewhere use "some key combination.".

No need for all of the fancy pants color correct features since at least PS5.

For that matter, why do so many think Photoshop needs every feature done by some other program?

My answer to both of these is: I like Photoshop BECAUSE it has a ton of easy to use features. The Color Cast feature in Photoshop Elements is very quick and easy to use.

When doing 100’s of changes, it SAVES TIME. That is why I want the feature in Elements that is in CS.

How about this – pick your 2 favorite features, lets get rid of them, and then put "my" favorite feature of Photoshop Elements into CS.

My reason for using Photoshop is to SAVE TIME. So, yes, I am still dissapointed that CS does not have one of the most powerful and easy to use features of Photoshop Elements: The "Color Cast" tool.

I hope Photoshop will add this in as a "bug fix" for CS.
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 11, 2004
Elements is just a simplification of the existing features in Photoshop.

There is nothing to add.
QP
Q_Photo
Aug 12, 2004
Malameel already mentioned “Auto Color”. Did you give it a try? The combination of Auto Color & Auto Levels can be very useful at times. It isn’t always great, but it is a one click solution, and I’m sure it is equal to “Color Cast Removal”. As Mr. Cox stated, “There is nothing to add”. Why complain over nothing?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections