RT
Posted By
Randy_Triplett
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m suffering from some eye strain and need a new monitor. I currently have a 19" CRT but am considering 19-21" LCD. What are you opinions about LCD vs CRT in color representation and in eye strain?? Also, how about DVI input? And if you have a preference, let’s get specific! What would you buy?? (I could go above $1000, but let’s not get too crazy)
All opinions welcome
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Terrat
Mar 2, 2004
An LCD monitor choice would depend on the source and sophistication of your colour management system…you’d need Spyder Pro or something to manage.
M
Malameel
Mar 2, 2004
Crazy is my main monitor, sony’s 24inch GDM-FW900. However, I must say that my sony 21inch G520P is way better than any monitor I have seen. I have viewsonic at home, and they all after a while begin to lose thier vibrance. They may be cheaper brand, but I had a problem with that thier monitors and the service was horrible. My big Sony went bad, and they sent me a new one. Of course it is over $1500. My mitsubishi are kinda bland but they are old.

Most of my systems are dual monitors setups and when one monitor slowly goes out, it becomes obvious.

I recommend Sony CRT from experience.

Most would say LCD doesn’t have the color space or accuracy of a crt, and from the LCDs I have seen around here they suck. Of course, I have not used the newer higher end LCDs.
Y
YrbkMgr
Mar 2, 2004
Most would say LCD doesn’t have the color space or accuracy of a crt, and from the LCDs I have seen around here they suck. Of course, I have not used the newer higher end LCDs.

It’s all wrapped up in that paragraph. High end, digital LCD’s are reported to be great, low end analog, not.

Do a search on LCD in the forum. This has been discussed, oh, about a million times. <smile>

Check out Ian Lyons site. I think he has some information that may be helpful.

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com>

Peace,
Tony
RT
Randy_Triplett
Mar 3, 2004
Good Stuff. As much as I had wished high end DVI LCD was the answer, I suspected that you would not think so. My desk can hold it, and I guess I can deal with another 85 pound monitor. When I bought my last telly, I found I liked the Sony XBR 34" widescreen CRT best. I suspected the monitor situation would be about the same.

Thanks for your suggestions…still open for more

Randy
RT
Randy_Triplett
Mar 3, 2004
By the way, is there something less expensive than a Sony Artisan that you like in a CRT??
DS
Dave Simpson
Mar 3, 2004
I’ve heard people talk bad about them, but I have a 20.1" Viewsonic VX2000 and I’m VERY impressed with it so far.

Dave Simpson
RND Solutions – Creative Graphic Design

(619) 322-3385 (Local San Diego)
(888) 690-0938 (Nationwide)
http://www.rnd-solutions.com

wrote in message
I’m suffering from some eye strain and need a new monitor. I currently
have a 19" CRT but am considering 19-21" LCD. What are you opinions about LCD vs CRT in color representation and in eye strain?? Also, how about DVI input? And if you have a preference, let’s get specific! What would you buy?? (I could go above $1000, but let’s not get too crazy)
All opinions welcome
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections