GA
Posted By
George_August
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have XP Professional OS and Photoshop 7. When I bring up the View Print Size command , the screen image is smaller than the actual size. At times I need to measure on-screen that size and it’s important that it is correct, What is the problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
John_Mensinger
Mar 2, 2004
George, I never got in the habit of using that feature, so maybe there is something I don’t know about, however, here are my thoughts on your question:

I’ve always been of the impression that View Print Size is to see the image size in relationship to the paper size set in the print setup. Because screen sizes and resolutions vary, a universal ‘actual print size’ preview is probably not truly possible.

The Image > Image Size dialog can give the only accurate representation of print size. The dimensions are there…no need to ‘measure’ anything.

I hope that helps.

John
J
Jim
Mar 2, 2004
You are expecting more from this command than is possible. For example, how would you use your method when the desired print size cannot fit on your screen?
Jim
wrote in message
Have XP Professional OS and Photoshop 7. When I bring up the View Print
Size command , the screen image is smaller than the actual size. At times I need to measure on-screen that size and it’s important that it is correct, What is the problem?
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 2, 2004
Or right click on the title bar of the open image; it’s all there!

Cheers – John
L
LenHewitt
Mar 3, 2004
George,

At times I need to measure on-screen that size and it’s important that it
is correct, <<

Measuring ‘on-screen’ will in all probability NEVER be accurate (or even ‘close’) – it depends upon the zoom ration, the size of your monitor, and the resolution of your monitor.

Only by going to Image>Image Size will you get reliable dimensional information
CW
Colin_Walls
Mar 3, 2004
Viewing at "print size" is just to give you an idea. PS has no information on how big your screen is.

As Len says, just read it from the Image Size dialog.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections