Posted By
swiss
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have just discovered a big bug in the French version of Photoshop CS!

I use "styles" given with the book "Photoshop 6 WoW! Book" which function perfectly with the versions of Photoshop 6, 7 (in English AND in French).

On the other hand, if I use this "style" with the version of Photoshop CS in French, I have a big problem!

If I create a new document, I apply my style, then save the document – > no problem BUT if I wish to reopen it that is IMPOSSIBLE (Photoshop posts the following message "Impossible to carry out this operation because of an error of the program"). The only possibility to open again this document is to use Photoshop CS in English !

I can give an example of my "style" which does not function, just let me know how I should transmit it (by e-mail ?) .

Thank you for your assistance.

Bonjour,

Je viens de découvrir un gros bug dans la version française de Photoshop CS !

J’utilise des "styles" donnés avec le livre "Photoshop 6 WoW! Book" qui fonctionnent parfaitement avec les versions de Photoshop 6, 7 (en anglais ET en français).

Par contre si j’utilise ce "style" avec la version de Photoshop CS française, j’ai un gros problème !

Si je crée un nouveau document, j’applique mon style, puis sauve le document -> pas de problème MAIS si je désire le rouvrir cela est IMPOSSIBLE (Photoshop affiche le message suivant "Impossible d’effectuer cette opération en raison d’une erreur du programme"). La seule possibilité pour pouvoir à nouveau ouvrir ce document, c’est d’utiliser Photoshop CS anglais !

Je peux donner un exemple de mon "style" qui ne fonctionne pas, il faut juste me dire comment vous le transmettre (par e-mail ?)

Merci de votre aide.

Stéphane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Maurice_Doran
Mar 2, 2004
Hi Stéphane,

I have a similar problem with Photoshop CS (French).

I open a graphics file and start working on it. After a couple of minutes working on the file (doesn’t seem to matter what I do or in what order…), I get the "Impossible to carry out this operation because of an error of the program". The program crashes right after that.

I also have Photoshop 7 (English) installed and it too has become unstable. It was rock solid before I installed the CS Creative Suite on my system. Now I can’t work in Photoshop.

I’m running a Dell Precision 540, dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz with 1Gb of RAM and lots of hard drive space. The operating system is Windows XP Pro (French).

Should I uninstall Photoshop 7? Any other suggestions as to what might be making the program unstable?

Maurice
S
swiss
Mar 3, 2004
Bonjour Maurice,

Hum!

My Photoshop CS is perfectly stable, I have a problem only when I use certain style and especially only when I want to open the file (after having saved it) and there… it is IMPOSSIBLE, except with Photoshop US CS.

I think by logic that it is well a bug in the version french.

A+

Stéphane
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 5, 2004
Most likely it has nothing to do with the lanugage.

Set the image cache preference back to 4, and the document should open again.
AP
Alpha_Papa
Mar 5, 2004
An issue for the "CS Escargot/Complaint Department"?
S
swiss
Mar 5, 2004
Hello Chris Cox,

I have just tested the solution… and GREAT that functions very perfectly.

One very very very great thank you for your good assistance 🙂

better greetings and good day.

Stéphane

PS: excuse-me for my bad english.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections