RH
Posted By
Ronald_Hirsch
Mar 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was never a big fan of doing contact sheets in Photoshop, but the current version is CS is somewhat better than the previous versions.

Maybe the things I’d like to see it offer are there now, but I couldn’t find them – such as

1. Numbering of the pages when there are more imges than will fit on one sheet.

2. The ability to add a header and footer

3. The ability to print all the pages on screen, with a single command, instead of having to do each one separately – I thought there was such a command available, but I couldn’t find it.

Ron Hirsch

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JB
John_Blaustein
Mar 2, 2004
Ron,

Great ideas! I’d welcome the addition of all three features.

John
DF
Duncan_Fowler
May 2, 2004
I like your suggestions… and would like to add some more.

I think the contact sheet is a valuable tool. It could really enhance the functionality of the use of key word searches too.

I would also like to see the directory and folder name being able to be shown under each picture. (This would be especially helpful after doing a "find" using key words.

I would like to see the "find’ option work more quickly. I have a moderate sized pile of photo files but it sure took for ever to do a "find" on a single key word.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 2, 2004
Guys, you shoudl post all this in the features request section… but most operations can be done using other actions in Photoshop. Remember that contact sheet was more an example of what can be done with the scripting functions of Photoshop.
It is strange that no plug-in maker came with advanced contact sheet functions… Maybe one day will Pixelgenius or the likes do it… or even better, Russel Brown will give out a free superpowered contact sheet?
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 4, 2004
There is a new topic in the Features request… you should happen your ideas in there!
TO
Tom_O_Connell
May 10, 2004
I was sure I would find a template to do those very functions … really strange that a so-called top-of-line application can’t do the simple things that cheap "consumer" programs take for granted.

Adobe is abusing users more all the time…try checking out the adobe support pages…very little there any more that isn’t a fee…not even a free search of a knowledgebase (as far as I can tell)…or if there is, they try to hide it.

this is the attitude that has pushed me to stop buying additional copies of PS for others in the office…JASC is so much cheaper and only a few of us really "need" photoshop…when they do, they can use one of the workstations with a license…everyone else is getting along better than I am, it sometimes seems.

Adobe today is acting like General Motors in the 50’s (IMHO)

cheers,

Tom O’Connell
L
LenHewitt
May 11, 2004
Tom,

not even a free search of a knowledgebase (as far as I can tell)…<<

Of coarse there is! The ‘Knowledgebase’ link at the top of these forums will take you directly there

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections