DM
Posted By
dave milbut
Jul 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
use the clone tool to remove the white bar.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 2, 2003
Yep. Agree with Dave. Simple clone tool procedure.
P
Phosphor
Jul 2, 2003
Best way to learn is to jump in and try. Just make sure you’re working on a copy so you aren’t modifying the original file. If you don’t like the results just start over.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 2, 2003
THREE MINUTES?!! Whatja do? Go out for coffee? 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 2, 2003
LMAO! Well, I made some mistakes with the shadows and had to start over, then began blending with the healing brush.
O
OMID70
Jul 2, 2003
sounds good, i’ll start practicing. can achieve what i want, but it takes alot of time for each picture. and i have hundreds of pictures. i am not trying to have you do this one job for me. i use the patch tool or free trasform a selcted area next to it and drag it over. and i use a smudge tool to make the seems blend together. was just trying to see if there is a better and faster way to do it… but still, i dont know how to get rid of the dirty grey background and put the whole ring on a white background…
V
viol8ion
Jul 2, 2003
I would first repair the ring where the white bar crosses using the techniques explained.. use the rubber stamp (clone tool). you should be able to fix the pic shown in less than a minute with practise.

Next, select Edit in Quick Mask… use your pen or brush to color all that you want to keep. I find it easiest to zoom in at 200% for this part. The image will have a light red color where you paint or select… after you have all selected that you want, click Edit in Standard Mode, and then hit your Delete key.. all the background will disappear leaving only the ring.

This is one of many, many methods you can use to delete the background… I used this to edit about 1,000 product images this year.
LH
Lawrence Hudetz
Jul 2, 2003
After removing the bar, you might try Color Range to select the backround. Then, quick mask to clean up any part you don’t want selected.
F
Frank
Jul 3, 2003
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:46:29 -0700, OMID70 wrote:

Hi, need help cleaning up the following image:

< http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/omid70/lst?&.dir=/RING&amp ;.src=bc&.view=t&.begin=1&.order=&.done=http %3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/omid70/lst%3f%26.dir=/RING%26.sr c=bc%26.view=t>

here is what i need to do. i want to get rid of the white bar holding the ring. i want to have the ring on a whitish background. i want the ring to be SHARP and SMOOTH, especially along the bottom of the shank.
does anyone have any ideas how i can do this the most efficient way. i have aloth of pictures like this.
you can email me the sample you did to:

thanks

Mine took about 5 or 6 minutes, I’m getting old, slowing down. I put a shadow, then read that you wanted a plain white background, so took it out! If you got hundreds, you’ll be getting plenty of practice.
http://www.pbase.com/image/18568963

Regards
Frank.

http://www.pbase.com/abwhitt
BC
bart.cross
Jul 3, 2003
Lawrence: This is a case where ‘colour range’ just will not work, there is not enough difference between the object and the background. (Use Select/Modify/Smooth to get rid of small colour selections if you go this route)

I use the polygonal lasso to create the selection, (save as path for later ref.) and then create a quick mask from that to remove background. Then clone the area where the bar is after inverting the mask.

As said earlier, there are several ways of doing this, you will eventually find the way that suits your workflow best.
O
OMID70
Jul 3, 2003
thank you all. your suggestions have been very helpfull. i guess with practice i will become masters like you.
thanks for your time.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections