Highlight one area of image and expand ?

PK
Posted By
Phil K
Jul 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wtold how to do this about a year + ago, but have forgotten. How to select a small area of an image you are working on, then enlarge that small area to work on to one side, then resize it once done and the changes would be made to the big picture !
Trouble is, I know it can be done, ‘cos I was told how. But thanks to my flamin’ memory, its gone. Can anyone renew ?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

V
V1nc3nt
Jul 14, 2004
"Phil K" wrote in message
I wtold how to do this about a year + ago, but have forgotten. How to
select
a small area of an image you are working on, then enlarge that small area
to
work on to one side, then resize it once done and the changes would be
made
to the big picture !
Trouble is, I know it can be done, ‘cos I was told how. But thanks to my flamin’ memory, its gone. Can anyone renew ?

What kind of changes are you talking about? Adjustment Layers? Filters? And why do you want to work this way? Perhaps I don’t get it, but I don’t see what good the smaller selection will do, when your applying the changes to the whole picture anyway.
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 14, 2004
Phil K wrote:
I wtold how to do this about a year + ago, but have forgotten. How to select a small area of an image you are working on, then enlarge that small area to work on to one side, then resize it once done and the changes would be made to the big picture !

I do know it is possible to show a duplicate view of your image. Perhaps that is what you want ? Then you can have the full (old) view on one side, and zoom in on the original on another.
I
Ian
Jul 14, 2004
"MArtin Chiselwitt" wrote in message
Yes, you used to be able to select ‘New View’ from the ‘View’ menu…. But I look in CS today and, horror of horrors!, it’s not there any more. Anyone know where it went???

Don’t know about CS but in PS7 its Window > Documents > New Window.

Ian
L
Larry
Jul 14, 2004
Yes, you used to be able to select ‘New View’ from the ‘View’ menu…. But I look in CS today and, horror of horrors!, it’s not there any more. Anyone know where it went???

🙁

m.c.

Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:

Phil K wrote:

I do know it is possible to show a duplicate view of your image. Perhaps that is what you want ? Then you can have the full (old) view on one side, and zoom in on the original on another.

L
Larry
Jul 14, 2004
MArtin Chiselwitt wrote:

OK, i found it! Phew….
‘Window’->’Arrange’, then your documents are listed at the bottom of that menu!… Hoorah!

M.c.
PK
Phil K
Jul 14, 2004
Granted. But if its only a small section of a pic, and you blow the whole thing up 10 fold plus to get at it….bit pointless I’d have thought.

"V1nc3nt" wrote in message
"Phil K" wrote in message
I wtold how to do this about a year + ago, but have forgotten. How to
select
a small area of an image you are working on, then enlarge that small area
to
work on to one side, then resize it once done and the changes would be
made
to the big picture !

What kind of changes are you talking about? Adjustment Layers? Filters? And
why do you want to work this way? Perhaps I don’t get it, but I don’t see what good the smaller selection will do, when your applying the changes to the whole picture anyway.

PK
Phil K
Jul 14, 2004
Not so much duplicate, mor to get at a tiny area.

"Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote in message
Phil K wrote:

PK
Phil K
Jul 14, 2004
Well at least one person can see what I’m after without thinking I’m a little dilatory ! 😉

"MArtin Chiselwitt" wrote in message

🙁

m.c.

Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:

Phil K wrote:

I do know it is possible to show a duplicate view of your image. Perhaps that is what you want ? Then you can have the full (old) view on one side,
and zoom in on the original on another.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections