D
Posted By
DaveMLewis
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed CS in addition to already having 7 on my hard drive. Is it possible to have CS see the plug-ins & brushes I have with 7 or should I delete all & start over from scratch & re-install the plug-ins with only CS on my hard drive?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 29, 2004
Copy the THIRD PARTY plugins to a new folder and then tell CS to use that as a secondary folder for plugins. Do Not point CS to the PS 7.0 plugin folder because that will cause conflicts with the plugins that come with Photoshop.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Feb 29, 2004
" Copy the THIRD PARTY plugins to a new folder…"

That WILL work in many cases. For the instances where it doesn’t work, when you try to use the 3rd-party plugin you will be presented with an alert dialogue, coded by the plugins author, asking you to enter your serial number. Either enter your serial number or (better option) reinstall from the original medium (floppy or CD).

In either case, it’s always best practice to install 3rd-party plugins to a secondary folder, apart from the Adobe-native filters and plugins. It makes troubleshooting that much easier, because you can isolate their interaction with the host application simply by turning off the pointer to that secondary plugins folder.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 1, 2004
In either case, it’s always best practice to install 3rd-party plugins to a secondary folder, apart from the Adobe-native filters and plugins.

what he said.
D
DaveMLewis
Mar 1, 2004
Appreciate the tip. Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections