PD
Posted By
phtodetroit_dotcom
Feb 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Canon Digital Rebel. If I open one of my pictures in any Adobe program, Photoshop, Illustrator, Imageready, Elements, the color has high noise, and is very pixelated. Any picture from another source, even low resolution ones arent that bad in adobe programs. Also, If I view the Canon pictures on any other software, the "bad" effect isn’t there. I’ve shot mant test pictures using different camera settings, even RAW. Has anyone ever heard of this problem? I can provide more technical hardware info if needed, but I think it may be too low RAM? I have a 2.0 gig processor with 512m memory.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Feb 28, 2004
Have you calibrated your monitor with Adobe Gamma (found in Control Panel)?
PD
phtodetroit_dotcom
Feb 28, 2004
Shouldn’t be a monitor problem, even prints come out exactly like it shows on the monitor. I’ve made prints of pictures using Photoshop, and it comes out that way, and then the same file printed from other programs that turn out fine. We tried it on another computer at a friends house, same thing. I’ve never seen anything like this before, so it’s process of elimination for now to figure it out. It only happens in Adobe brand programs, and of course they’ll want to blame everything but themselves.
PD
phtodetroit_dotcom
Feb 28, 2004
I did manage to get closer to a solution. I found "color Settings" in the Edit pulldown and goofed around in there a bit. I made some changes and opened my picture, its a LOT better. So, I think I can tweak things in there and get it right.
J
Jim
Feb 28, 2004
Please describe what "fine" means and what "bad" means. Such terms are too vague.
Jim
wrote in message
Shouldn’t be a monitor problem, even prints come out exactly like it shows
on the monitor. I’ve made prints of pictures using Photoshop, and it comes out that way, and then the same file printed from other programs that turn out fine. We tried it on another computer at a friends house, same thing. I’ve never seen anything like this before, so it’s process of elimination for now to figure it out. It only happens in Adobe brand programs, and of course they’ll want to blame everything but themselves.
PF
Peter_Figen
Feb 28, 2004
Your problem is undoubtedly a profile mismatch possibly combined with a monitor profile that isn’t accurate.

What color matrix are you setting for jpegs? How are you processing the raw files you’ve shot. What are you color management policies in Photoshop, specifically the policies for profile mismatches, assumed profiles, and working spaces.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections