Posted By
BD
Apr 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, all.

I did a photo shoot with a gal this weekend who’d gotten a mohawk (yes, mohawk), and had her hair colored in varying degrees of brown and red. It didn’t turn out as she’d hoped, as the coloration she was hoping for was more of a ‘leopard-skin’ pattern.

I thought it would be fun to bring shots I had taken into PS, and see if I could somehow adjust the color.

I expect I could isolate the area of the hairline and use curves to tweak the colors, but that would not provide the ‘pattern’; what would be more interesting would be if I could somehow get a real leopardskin pattern in there – while not removing the ‘texture’ of the hair.

I was thinking that removing all color information from the hair area, and then using a second layer of the leopardskin pattern might work.

I know I’ll have issues with the pattern following the curvature of her head so it doesn’t look like a flat disk, but that’s a separate challenge. 😉 What I’m curious about now is how effective the attempt to change the hair color with a second layer and a transparency mask might be.

Has anyone tried an exercise like that and gained some wisdom they’d be willing to share?

Thanks!!

BD

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections