T
Posted By
toosano
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of an ad-in that will let you make the selection to pick square shaped? I’m not finding one in ps7.
Thanks
TB

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TD
The Doormouse
Jul 9, 2004
"watashee" wrote:

Does anyone know of an ad-in that will let you make the selection to pick square shaped? I’m not finding one in ps7.

I do not think that I understand your question – are you trying to make a square selection? Stomp twice for "yes", once for "no" …

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
I
Ian
Jul 9, 2004
"The Doormouse" wrote in message
"watashee" wrote:

Does anyone know of an ad-in that will let you make the selection to
pick
square shaped? I’m not finding one in ps7.

I do not think that I understand your question – are you trying to make a square selection? Stomp twice for "yes", once for "no" …

I think that by "band aid tool" they mean Healing Brush Tool (unless its something to do with Bob Geldof), so the answer is, no, not that I know of. You can get reasonable results with the Clone Stamp Tool which can be the shape of any brush, preset of custom, then just fiddle with the Opacity and Flow.

Cheers
Ian
N
noone
Jul 9, 2004
In article , says…
Thanks
TB

TB,

Right below the Healing Brush Tool (Band-aid), there is the Patch Tool. Right -click on the HB and you will see a fly-out with the Patch Tool (looks like a stitched diamond). It patches, or heals, an area that you have defined the shape for. It comes with its own Lasso Selection Tool built in, but you can define a square Selection with the Rectangular Marquee Tool set, or constrained to square, then apply the Patch Tool to that defined area. Does this help?

Or, you can create a square brush for either the Healing Brush, or the Clone Tool and use that. See Brushes>Creating (How to Tip) in Help.

Hunt
T
toosano
Jul 9, 2004
LOL, Yes, I meant the healing tool., I was getting a bit visual, eh? I was actually just wondering is someone made an ad-in app that would create one.
Thanks,
TB

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article , says…
Thanks
TB

TB,

Right below the Healing Brush Tool (Band-aid), there is the Patch Tool.
Right
-click on the HB and you will see a fly-out with the Patch Tool (looks
like a
stitched diamond). It patches, or heals, an area that you have defined the shape for. It comes with its own Lasso Selection Tool built in, but you
can
define a square Selection with the Rectangular Marquee Tool set, or constrained to square, then apply the Patch Tool to that defined area.
Does
this help?

Or, you can create a square brush for either the Healing Brush, or the
Clone
Tool and use that. See Brushes>Creating (How to Tip) in Help.
Hunt
N
noone
Jul 9, 2004
In article , says…
LOL, Yes, I meant the healing tool., I was getting a bit visual, eh? I was actually just wondering is someone made an ad-in app that would create one.
Thanks,
TB

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article , says…
Thanks
TB

TB,

Right
like a
stitched diamond). It patches, or heals, an area that you have defined the shape for. It comes with its own Lasso Selection Tool built in, but you
can
define a square Selection with the Rectangular Marquee Tool set, or constrained to square, then apply the Patch Tool to that defined area.
Does
this help?

Clone
Hunt

Being a "visual person," it was easy to decipher what you meant, unlike some of the requests. No need for a plug-in/add-on, as everything that you want to do (if I read THAT part correctly) is already there. The square can either be created with the Marquee Tool constrained for use with the Patch Tool, or a square brush can be created and captured for use with the Healing Brush. Now, did I miss something in your request? If so, help this verbally challenged person out, and give me a few more details about your intended use, OK?

Hunt
T
toosano
Jul 9, 2004
Gotcha, thanks!!!

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article , says…
LOL, Yes, I meant the healing tool., I was getting a bit visual, eh? I was actually just wondering is someone made an ad-in app that would
create
one.
Thanks,
TB

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
pick
Thanks
TB

TB,

Right
like a
stitched diamond). It patches, or heals, an area that you have defined
the
shape for. It comes with its own Lasso Selection Tool built in, but you
can
Does
this help?

Clone
Hunt

Being a "visual person," it was easy to decipher what you meant, unlike
some
of the requests. No need for a plug-in/add-on, as everything that you want
to
do (if I read THAT part correctly) is already there. The square can either
be
created with the Marquee Tool constrained for use with the Patch Tool, or
a
square brush can be created and captured for use with the Healing Brush.
Now,
did I miss something in your request? If so, help this verbally challenged person out, and give me a few more details about your intended use, OK?
Hunt
KT
Kilkore Trout
Jul 9, 2004
Are you trying to be funny? Grunt once for No, twice for yes…

K

"The Doormouse" wrote in message
"watashee" wrote:

pick

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
V
V1nc3nt
Jul 10, 2004
"Kilgore Trout" wrote in message

Trying to steal jokes, cause you lack all sense of humour?

BTW It’s time you learned how to reply in a NG. At the bottom.
KT
Kilkore Trout
Jul 10, 2004
Are you too stupid to realise that Doormouse, while trying to be funny, was being rude and abusive (as usual) – I was simply replying in kind… Understand? (probably not)

I will reply wherever I like thanks…

K

"V1nc3nt" wrote in message

T
toosano
Jul 10, 2004
I like to read the replies at the top. Saves me the time of scrolling down. With all the flame and mayhem in here, where you type your reply hardly seems significant, and is surely a penny ante complaint.

Are you too stupid to realise that Doormouse, while trying to be funny,
was
being rude and abusive (as usual) – I was simply replying in kind… Understand? (probably not)

K

V
V1nc3nt
Jul 10, 2004
was
being rude and abusive (as usual) – I was simply replying in kind… Understand? (probably not)

The fact that Doormouse was being rude and abusive (as usual) is what I consider to be funny.

Scrolling down is too much effort for you? The fact that you will reply wherever you like, makes this threat and any threat you reply in unreadable. But what do you care?
V
V1nc3nt
Jul 10, 2004
"watashee" wrote in message
I like to read the replies at the top. Saves me the time of scrolling
down.
With all the flame and mayhem in here, where you type your reply hardly seems significant, and is surely a penny ante complaint.

When everybody’s replying wherever they want, you get really messed up threats. Try Googling in the newsgroups and often there’s no structure at all. So for newsgroups as a big encyclopaedia, it’s quite convenient when everybody replies the same way. At the bottom or beneath the lines you want to respond to.
V
V1nc3nt
Jul 10, 2004
threat???

Okay I’m a illiterate Dutchman, shoot me.
V
V1nc3nt
Jul 10, 2004
Well, like Voivod says, anybody can do anything they want in newsgroups, right? Amazing how trends are set.

Yeah sure you can, but for the sake of history, let’s keep all the bullshit nice and clean. 🙂
T
toosano
Jul 10, 2004
Well, like Voivod says, anybody can do anything they want in newsgroups, right? Amazing how trends are set.

I like to read the replies at the top. Saves me the time of scrolling
down.
With all the flame and mayhem in here, where you type your reply hardly seems significant, and is surely a penny ante complaint.

When everybody’s replying wherever they want, you get really messed up threats. Try Googling in the newsgroups and often there’s no structure at all. So for newsgroups as a big encyclopaedia, it’s quite convenient when everybody replies the same way. At the bottom or beneath the lines you
want
to respond to.

KT
Kilkore Trout
Jul 10, 2004
threat???

:o)

K

was

The fact that Doormouse was being rude and abusive (as usual) is what I consider to be funny.

Scrolling down is too much effort for you? The fact that you will reply wherever you like, makes this threat and any threat you reply in
unreadable.
But what do you care?

C
Canopus
Jul 11, 2004
in article xTTHc.830$, Kilgore Trout at
wrote on 07/10/2004 8:25 AM:

Are you too stupid to realise that Doormouse, while trying to be funny, was being rude and abusive (as usual) – I was simply replying in kind… Understand? (probably not)

You don’t like being "moderated" do you.

hahahahaha.

But you think it is great for everyone else.

hahahaha.

You’ re funny.
C
Canopus
Jul 11, 2004
in article ae966$40f061a7$3e3be867$, V1nc3nt at
wrote on 07/10/2004 2:36 PM:

makes this threat and any threat you reply in unreadable.

Calm down and write what you mean.
C
Canopus
Jul 11, 2004
in article cbbfd$40f06345$3e3be867$, V1nc3nt at
wrote on 07/10/2004 2:43 PM:

When everybody’s replying wherever they want, you get really messed up threats.

Threats?

Come on… pay attention to what you are doing.
KT
Kilkore Trout
Jul 11, 2004
snort!

hahahahahah

dribble….

hahahahahahahaha

hey – anyone could be canopus – it’s easy…

How to be canopus

1. Talk bollocks

2. Type; "hahahahahahahaha" a lot

3. That’s it!

K

"Canopus" wrote in message
in article xTTHc.830$, Kilgore Trout at
wrote on 07/10/2004 8:25 AM:

was

You don’t like being "moderated" do you.

hahahahaha.

But you think it is great for everyone else.

hahahaha.

You’ re funny.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections