Posted By
CliffordS
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help!
I have 1419 jpg files (windows-cs) that I need to remove color and save as a BW.
I created an action that removed the color.
I next ran a batch on the folder using the save and close method. Instead of opening, running the action and savinging it stops at the saving stage. After each conversion the save box comes up asking what settings do i want?
I created a new action; remove the color and Save.
I ran that action in the batch operation using the same folder as the destination folder but once again the save box stopped the action. I know that I can work around this problem by saving the file as a PSD (set-up in my action) but does anyone know how to do this as a jpg to jpg?
Clifford

CliffordS
———————————————————— ———— Posted via http://www.forum4designers.com
———————————————————— ———— View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message93806.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
Jul 7, 2004
In article ,
says…
Help!
I have 1419 jpg files (windows-cs) that I need to remove color and save as a BW.
I created an action that removed the color.
I next ran a batch on the folder using the save and close method. Instead of opening, running the action and savinging it stops at the saving stage. After each conversion the save box comes up asking what settings do i want?
I created a new action; remove the color and Save.
I ran that action in the batch operation using the same folder as the destination folder but once again the save box stopped the action. I know that I can work around this problem by saving the file as a PSD (set-up in my action) but does anyone know how to do this as a jpg to jpg?
Clifford

CliffordS

CliffordS,

PS usually defaults to the last used setting for JPG. If you had previously saved a JPG (maybe from another job) at the setting of 7, and all of the JPG’s in this folder were saved at 8, then PS will ask you if you want 7. Try saving a JPG at the same setting that all of the files in your particular folder are saved at. In most cases, PS CS will run the Batch, just as you want it to, provided that it’s default (and this term is not a permanent default, but a "remembered" last used setting) matches the saved_as setting that matches that of your target file.

See if this works for you,
Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections