Posted By
flwoqvauidl
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m investigating on ICM proofing, and I download some examples that use the Windows ICM proofing.

The problem is that when I compare this proofing with the Photoshop proofing I get different results.

For example windows ICM convert white to yellow values, and Photoshop convert it to light gray+blue values.

anyone knows why ? what is the good proofing? (I change the internal engine of Photoshop to Windows ICM (instead of ACE), with no differences)

Note: I’ve an image with an internal profile, and the monitor and printer profile.

Att Ramon Graus

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mike Russell
Jul 7, 2004
Ramon G wrote:
I’m investigating on ICM proofing, and I download some examples that use the Windows ICM proofing.

The problem is that when I compare this proofing with the Photoshop proofing I get different results.

For example windows ICM convert white to yellow values, and Photoshop convert it to light gray+blue values.

anyone knows why ? what is the good proofing? (I change the internal engine of Photoshop to Windows ICM (instead of ACE), with no differences)

Note: I’ve an image with an internal profile, and the monitor and printer profile.

Att Ramon Graus

There are a number of things that can change the way your previews look. Which program are you using to do your preview?

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
F
flwoqvauidl
Jul 12, 2004
Hi

I discover why the image appears yellow.

The image appears yellow because I calibrate my monitor to a temperaature of 6500 (D65) and the printer profile is calibrated to 5000 (D50), like all printer profiles !!!!. (ICM try to proof an image with 5000ºK printer profile in a monitor with 6500ºK, then it converts the image to yellow)

When I calibrate the monitor to 5000 (too yellow in my opinion) all appears successfully.

To know why Adobe appears correctly … is something dark. See next discussion to learn about it:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_es|lang_en &ie=UTF-8&threadm=40129971%241%40duster.adelaide.on. net&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dproofing%2Bprinter%2By ellow%26hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_es%257Clang_en%26ie%3DUTF-8%26se lm%3D40129971%25241%2540duster.adelaide.on.net%26rnum%3D3

Thanks to all

Ramon Graus

(Ramon G) wrote in message news:…
Hi

Att Ramon Graus

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections