G
Posted By
geezer
Mar 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the easiest way that I can add captions to the bottom (or top) of some of my pictures? Not too fancy – just black text on white backgrounds.

Thanks

Geezer

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
Rudy Benner
Mar 18, 2006
"geezer" wrote in message
What is the easiest way that I can add captions to the bottom (or top) of some of my pictures? Not too fancy – just black text on white backgrounds.

Thanks

Geezer

I believe Irfanview does it.
Mar 18, 2006
"geezer" wrote in message

Type them in.
BH
Bill Hilton
Mar 18, 2006
geezer writes …

What is the easiest way that I can add captions to the bottom (or top) of some of my pictures? Not too fancy – just black text on white backgrounds

For adding a caption at the bottom do Image – Canvas size and enter the height of a new border in pixels with ‘relative’ checked, say 40 pixels or so (depends on whether you’re printing this or showing on web), click the up arrow on ‘anchor’ to put the new border at the bottom, select ‘white’ for canvas extension color.

Next do View – New guide for 50% vertical to get a center line, then select the Type tool with the centered option, click on the Guide and start typing.

Bill
BW
Bob Williams
Mar 19, 2006
geezer wrote:

Thanks

Geezer

Use the Horizontal Type Tool….."T" symbol in the toolbox. Choose Font Size, Style, Color …etc.
Type in your caption.
Bob Williams
G
geezer
Mar 19, 2006
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 00:46:15 -0800, Bob Williams
wrote:

geezer wrote:

Thanks

Geezer

Use the Horizontal Type Tool….."T" symbol in the toolbox. Choose Font Size, Style, Color …etc.
Type in your caption.
Bob Williams

Thanks Bob

You too Bill

Geezer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections