Photoshop User mag, March 2006. Error on page 58?

DW
Posted By
Doug Warner
Mar 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In the March 2006 issue, page 58, article title "The science of the skosh"
I presume tha tthe two pnotos at the bottom of the page are supposed to be different, but they look identical to me.
I even scanned them, layered one over the other and set the blensing to "differfence" The result is amost all black, except for a tiny difference on the rock in the lower left.

Is this all the differece there is, or did they actually print the same photo twice?

Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nb
Mar 12, 2006
The article is about reproduction. The pic is two different examples of the same image. The caption underneath gives a bit of a clue. For those that don’t have the magazine the caption on one says ‘What the photographer intended’ and the other ‘What was printed’

One image is brighter and warmer than the other.

nb

"Doug Warner" wrote in message
In the March 2006 issue, page 58, article title "The science of the skosh"
I presume tha tthe two pnotos at the bottom of the page are supposed to be different, but they look identical to me.
I even scanned them, layered one over the other and set the blensing to "differfence" The result is amost all black, except for a tiny difference on the rock in the lower left.

Is this all the differece there is, or did they actually print the same photo twice?

Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections