R
Posted By
rangepal
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Blur brush worked intermittently and now has stopped working at all times. Other 2 choices for this brush OK. Have had this problem in Photoshop 5 through 8. Is there an explanation and/or a way to overcome this?

Janet R

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
Jun 27, 2004
In article <uxpDc.819$ says…
Blur brush worked intermittently and now has stopped working at all times. Other 2 choices for this brush OK. Have had this problem in Photoshop 5 through 8. Is there an explanation and/or a way to overcome this?
Janet R

Janet,

A few questions first:
1.) OS/platform?
2.) Any other Tool effected?
3.) When it worked intermittently, what were the obvious problems, i.e. just did not blurr, blurred at a much lower Opacity, than you expected, etc.?

When a Tool does not function as I expect, the things that I check are:

Opacity’
Mode (where applicable)
Layer (am I on the one I wish to perform the operation on) Selection (is one active?)

After that, I’d look at my tablet and its driver. In a total bind, removing the perf’s file and re-starting PS will often clear up inconsistancies.

Hunt

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections