A
Posted By
arnstein
Feb 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased Photoshop CS2 Upgrade from Amazon.com. The packaging states that a previous version of Photoshop is required, but it does not state which versions are eligible. The Amazon.com web page explicitly states [Any Version].

But when I run the install process from the Photoshop CD, it asks for a version 5.5 or later. It refuses to install because I don’t have it. I have version 3 and version 4.

What can I do? I’m not sure I’ll be able to get any help from Adobe, because they require registration before they deliver help. I can’t install, so I’m not sure I want to register. I might have to seek a refund, and that would be difficult if I have registered already!

Any suggestions?

David Arnstein | Have fun with your spams: arnstein+

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LP
Lee Philips
Feb 28, 2006
"David Arnstein" wrote in message
I purchased Photoshop CS2 Upgrade from Amazon.com. The packaging states that a previous version of Photoshop is required, but it does not state which versions are eligible. The Amazon.com web page explicitly states [Any Version].

But when I run the install process from the Photoshop CD, it asks for a version 5.5 or later. It refuses to install because I don’t have it. I have version 3 and version 4.

What can I do? I’m not sure I’ll be able to get any help from Adobe, because they require registration before they deliver help. I can’t install, so I’m not sure I want to register. I might have to seek a refund, and that would be difficult if I have registered already!
Any suggestions?

Call Adobe. If Amazon is claiming [any version], that’s all you need to tell Adobe.
T
Tacit
Feb 28, 2006
In article <du0lt4$ar8$>,
(David Arnstein) wrote:

You need to contact Adobe support. They’ll be able to help you out.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
A
arnstein
Feb 28, 2006
Thanks for the info provided by the two posters to this thread. You were absolutely correct.

I phoned up Adobe this morning and a rep. walked me through the install process. It took more than 15 minutes, so I guess that I’m geting my money’s worth from Adobe already.

Adobe had a computer record of me, because I purchased a Photoshop upgrade direct from them many years ago. The Adobe rep. seemed to be very relieved that he found this evidence.

Lesson learned and reinforced: when buying an expensive piece of software, carefully file away all entitlement information.

N
noone
Mar 1, 2006
In article <du2o4a$2c8$ says…
Thanks for the info provided by the two posters to this thread. You were absolutely correct.

I phoned up Adobe this morning and a rep. walked me through the install process. It took more than 15 minutes, so I guess that I’m geting my money’s worth from Adobe already.

Adobe had a computer record of me, because I purchased a Photoshop upgrade direct from them many years ago. The Adobe rep. seemed to be very relieved that he found this evidence.

Lesson learned and reinforced: when buying an expensive piece of software, carefully file away all entitlement information.

The upgrade route is available from ALL registered versions of PS, but what happens is the database of possible S/Ns has to have a limit, especially as the program has been around for so long. In the case of CS2, it seems that the cutoff is v5.5. Your experience is exactly as was mine, with Illustrator some years back. I had a very early ver. with only one upgrade, then bought the then current upgrade. My S/N was not in database, but in minutes, Adobe and I had it installed and working flawlessly – about seven years of flawlessly!

Glad you called. While they are not up to par with the old WordPerfect Tech Support (back in Orem, UT/USA), they are about as good as it gets nowadays.

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections