Posted By
Barry
Feb 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m new to CS2, having been using Elements 3 (on a Mac) for a little while. I used the "selection brush" quite a bit in Elements: paint to add to selection, hold down alt (option) to subtract. It had a mask mode as well.

The closest equivalent in CS2 seems to be Quick Mask mode. Is there an equivalent which works with just the marching ants marquee displayed and the photo looking normal, like the selection brush in Elements?

Thanks.

Jeremy

kikashi – at – ntlworld.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 12, 2006
"Jeremy Roussak" wrote in message

[re selection brush]
The closest equivalent in CS2 seems to be Quick Mask mode. Is there an equivalent which works with just the marching ants marquee displayed and the photo looking normal, like the selection brush in Elements?

Hi Jeremy,

No – the Selection Brush is one of those features that Elements people can brag about for now. As you say, QuickMack mode is the closest equivalent. It actually has more functionality, but with a different appearance. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
B
Barry
Feb 12, 2006
In article <WmDHf.27387$>, Mike
Russell wrote:

"Jeremy Roussak" wrote in message

[re selection brush]

Hi Jeremy,

No – the Selection Brush is one of those features that Elements people can brag about for now. As you say, QuickMack mode is the closest equivalent. It actually has more functionality, but with a different appearance.

Thanks – I suspected that was the case.

Why do you say QuickMask mode has more functionality?

Jeremy
T
Tacit
Feb 12, 2006
In article <120220061306233517%>,
Jeremy Roussak wrote:

Why do you say QuickMask mode has more functionality?

Because you can do more than just paint in it with a special brush.

You can modify a QuickMask using *any* brush (in any mode), or using a filter, or using any of the image adjustment commands, or doing anything at all which can work on a grayscale image.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
TN
Tom Nelson
Feb 13, 2006
Select>Color Range comes close. Click to select a color and its similars, shift-click to continue adding to the selection. Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

In article <120220060826577473%>, Jeremy Roussak
wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to CS2, having been using Elements 3 (on a Mac) for a little while. I used the "selection brush" quite a bit in Elements: paint to add to selection, hold down alt (option) to subtract. It had a mask mode as well.

Thanks.

Jeremy

kikashi – at – ntlworld.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections