L
Posted By
Lunaray
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wow! I just discovered Fade-Equalize, and uncle Ansel is grimacing!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
martcol
Jun 10, 2004
Help me discover it too.

What does it do and where is it?

thnx

Martcol

"Lunaray" wrote in message

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.701 / Virus Database: 458 – Release Date: 07/06/2004
L
Lunaray
Jun 10, 2004
For those images that aren’t very well balanced (continuous tone), try: Image/Adjustments/Equalize, then go to Edit/Fade Equalize and adjust the degree of equalization! It’s really cool, it saved some poorly exposed images of mine that I thought were beyond hope! Try it!

"martcol" wrote in message
Help me discover it too.

thnx

Martcol
M
martcol
Jun 10, 2004
Hmmmm

That sounds like CS – I’m stuck on PS7

Martcol

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.701 / Virus Database: 458 – Release Date: 07/06/2004
J
jaSPAMc
Jun 10, 2004
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:17:21 -0700, "Lunaray" found these unused words floating about:

For those images that aren’t very well balanced (continuous tone), try: Image/Adjustments/Equalize, then go to Edit/Fade Equalize and adjust the degree of equalization! It’s really cool, it saved some poorly exposed images of mine that I thought were beyond hope! Try it!

Help me discover it too.

thnx

Martcol

Rather reminds me of the early days of digital audio. Some engineers didn’t care how they recorded … "we can fix it in post.".

While you can adjust with the tools, you’ll still need a basically good capture if you want a stunning image.
R
RFJ
Jun 10, 2004
"martcol" wrote in 2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

Hmmmm

Martcol

Nope – Works just fine in PS7 too. Fade is available immediately after the use of most (if not all) adjustments & filters.
BN
Bill Newton
Jun 10, 2004
Hmmmm

Martcol

Nope! You got it in PS7 ……….. Just follow Lunaray’s instructions carefully :-))

Bill
SA
Steen Alexandersen
Jun 10, 2004
Pretty cool, thx for the tip

J
jaSPAMc
Jun 10, 2004
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:47:44 -0500, RFJ
found these unused words floating about:

"martcol" wrote in 2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

Hmmmm

Martcol

Nope – Works just fine in PS7 too. Fade is available immediately after the use of most (if not all) adjustments & filters.

Even in 5.5 too! <G>
S
She
Jun 10, 2004
That’s a great find! I was playing with a picture yesterday that I though was beyond hope and this definitely brought it out. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Help me discover it too.

thnx

Martcol

GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 11, 2004
Well…ok…seems to do ok….though I don’t tend to take photos that need a lot of help 😉 I just did a long day of shooting in a cemetery for a history magazine article….I will try it on a few shots and see how it does.

M
martcol
Jun 11, 2004
Yep, now I’ve found it! Keeewel..

Martin

JF
John Forest
Jun 13, 2004
The only problem is that the fade command is only available immediately after the equalize command. For more flexibility create a duplicate layer and apply the equalize command to it, then you can adjust by changing the layer opacity and come back to it later if you want to for additional tweaking
C
Char
Jun 19, 2004
Works great! Thanx

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections