RM
Posted By
RC Moonpie
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
anybody know of a way to open a pdf in Acrobat 5 and export it as a Microsoft Word doc?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
Andy
Jun 7, 2004
"RC Moonpie" wrote in message
anybody know of a way to open a pdf in Acrobat 5 and export it as a Microsoft Word doc?
If you have Acrobat 5 and Microsoft Word, you can use your Acrobat 5 to save as rtf. file (rich text format) and then open it in Microsoft Word and save as Microsoft doc.
A
Andy
Jun 7, 2004
If you do not have Microsoft Word use a pdf converter.
http://www.solidpdf.com/
H
howldog
Jun 7, 2004
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:45:24 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

If you have Acrobat 5 and Microsoft Word, you can use your Acrobat 5 to save as rtf. file (rich text format) and then open it in Microsoft Word and save as Microsoft doc.

that only gets me the text, no pictures at all. thanks anyway… am i doing something wrong?
H
howldog
Jun 7, 2004
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:51:35 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

If you do not have Microsoft Word use a pdf converter.
http://www.solidpdf.com/

thanks!
J
jrzyguy
Jun 7, 2004
are you using acrobat reader or writter?

There IS not magic button to convert from PDF to Word….even if you have writter. And there are many different things to consider. If you are trying to get both text and images…and formatting….then you are outta luck.

If you do have the full version of writer and not just reader…then there are some options under the text select tool where you can select as tables…etc….

however….if you try to copy and paste images directly from PDF into word…your images will default to 72 dpi and degrage.

if you need to extract photos etc….the best is to use the file/automate/multipage PDF to PSD in PS….play around with the settings (up the dpi and change to rgb…etc). then crop what you need in PS.

I WISH someone tells me im wrong on this one….as i frequently have to do this kinda stuff at work.

j

"howldog" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:45:24 GMT, "Andy" wrote:
If you have Acrobat 5 and Microsoft Word, you can use your Acrobat 5 to
save
as rtf. file (rich text format) and then open it in Microsoft Word and
save
as Microsoft doc.

that only gets me the text, no pictures at all. thanks anyway… am i doing something wrong?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections