LF
Posted By
Les Foster
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
P-4 2.6, 1GB, plenty of scratch disk space. When I open a folder with new images in the CS browser I am stuck there for what seems like forever primarily while preview images are being created for each file in the folder. Really a problem if I inadvertantly click on a folder that I didn’t mean to get into. I might be stuck for 15 minutes or more waiting for it to finish before I can exit or do anything. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

V
V1nc3nt
Jun 2, 2004
"Les Foster" wrote in message
P-4 2.6, 1GB, plenty of scratch disk space. When I open a folder with new images in the CS browser I am stuck there for what seems like forever primarily while preview images are being created for each file in the folder. Really a problem if I inadvertantly click on a folder that I
didn’t
mean to get into. I might be stuck for 15 minutes or more waiting for it
to
finish before I can exit or do anything. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?
Reseting the "Preferences" helps me sometimes with problems like this. Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) immediately after launching Photoshop. You’ll be asked if you want to delete the Preferences file. Click Yes.

V1nc3nt
W
wnor
Jun 2, 2004
Les, one more thing you might try at a time when you are not at the computer is to open the File Browser, go to File>Build cache for Subfolders and let the computer build its cache for all of your folders. This may require some time, that is why I mentioned doing it while you are away from the computer. I do this during the night. Once that is done, a cache should be built of all folders and the images should load faster.

"Les Foster" …
P-4 2.6, 1GB, plenty of scratch disk space. When I open a folder with new images in the CS browser I am stuck there for what seems like forever primarily while preview images are being created for each file in the folder. Really a problem if I inadvertantly click on a folder that I didn’t mean to get into. I might be stuck for 15 minutes or more waiting for it to finish before I can exit or do anything. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections