M
Posted By
MJ
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m thinking of buying a Wacom graphic table (Volito, the entry level one), and I’m interested if it has good drivers for Photoshop and Corel… can I actually use advanced features like pressure levels to design comic characters?

Any experience anyone?
Thanx in advance…

Martin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WO
Wizard of Draws
Jun 2, 2004
On 6/1/04 9:47 AM, in article c9irvo$32t$, "MJ" wrote:

I’m thinking of buying a Wacom graphic table (Volito, the entry level one), and I’m interested if it has good drivers for Photoshop and Corel… can I actually use advanced features like pressure levels to design comic characters?

Any experience anyone?
Thanx in advance…

Martin

I don’t normally use the Wacom for drawing directly into Photoshop, I prefer to draw on paper and scan. But yes, it will do what you want. —
Jeff ‘The Wizard of Draws’ Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
www.wizardofdraws.com
www.cartoonclipart.com
GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 2, 2004
Yep…does that. I am ambi-dextrous…if you are too you are sure to love the tablet. For normal work I have the trackman in use on the right with the left hand using the keyboard. For art work I shift over a bit and use my left hand for drawing and my right for the keyboard. I know that not everyone can do this…but if you are a left-hander that has adapted to a mouse on the right…that is good enough.

"MJ" wrote in message
I’m thinking of buying a Wacom graphic table (Volito, the entry level
one),
and I’m interested if it has good drivers for Photoshop and Corel… can I actually use advanced features like pressure levels to design comic characters?

Any experience anyone?
Thanx in advance…

Martin

H
Hecate
Jun 4, 2004
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:47:51 +0200, "MJ"
wrote:

Any experience anyone?
Thanx in advance…
Buy the Graphire. It’s a better tablet and better value.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
M
martcol
Jun 4, 2004
I have no experience of the tablet you mention but I imagine that Wacom work hard to make their product intetrate with PS. It must be one of the main applications it is used for….

My guess would be – no worries!

Martin

"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

one),
and I’m interested if it has good drivers for Photoshop and Corel… can
I
actually use advanced features like pressure levels to design comic characters?

Any experience anyone?
Thanx in advance…

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.698 / Virus Database: 455 – Release Date: 02/06/2004
MC
marin chiselwitt
Jun 4, 2004
yes, PS has wacom support, particularly with the intuos range. Most of the top range graphics packages do these days… I know they’re a lot more expensive, but they are far better quality than the volito and the graphire. I picked up a secondhand intous A5 for Β£50 a few weeks ago… It is superb πŸ™‚
If you are forced to buy a cheap one though, i agree with Hecate – buy the graphire.

mart c.

martcol wrote:
I have no experience of the tablet you mention but I imagine that Wacom work hard to make their product intetrate with PS. It must be one of the main applications it is used for….

My guess would be – no worries!

Martin

"Hecate" wrote in message

wrote:

one),

and I’m interested if it has good drivers for Photoshop and Corel… can

I

actually use advanced features like pressure levels to design comic characters?

Any experience anyone?
Thanx in advance…

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.698 / Virus Database: 455 – Release Date: 02/06/2004
LH
Les Holder
Jun 4, 2004
Hi

I agree about Intuos I’ve had an A5 since Focus in February & I don’t know how I managed without it

Les

"marin chiselwitt" wrote in message
yes, PS has wacom support, particularly with the intuos range. Most of the top range graphics packages do these days… I know they’re a lot more expensive, but they are far better quality than the volito and the graphire. I picked up a secondhand intous A5 for
H
Hecate
Jun 5, 2004
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:35:08 +0100, marin chiselwitt
wrote:

yes, PS has wacom support, particularly with the intuos range. Most of the top range graphics packages do these days… I know they’re a lot more expensive, but they are far better quality than the volito and the graphire. I picked up a secondhand intous A5 for Β£50 a few weeks ago… It is superb πŸ™‚
If you are forced to buy a cheap one though, i agree with Hecate – buy the graphire.

mart c.
Definitely. I was using an old Artpad II, the forerunner of the Graphire and it served me well for years. Still works perfectly in fact, and Wacom keep producing drivers for it. But I’ve moved on to an A5 Intuos now. It feels gigantic after the Artpad πŸ™‚

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections