Posted By
The Data Rat
May 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Is there a comprehensive list for all of the extensions in PS? I have looked everywhere, but I can’t find one. Maybe I am using the wrong term. What I mean, in case I am asking the question wrong is:

..csh is custom shape
..asl is styles
..asv works in selective color, I have no idea what it stands for

If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it. Looked on Google and in my Photoshop WOW book and couldn’t find it.

Thanks

Suzi

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
May 31, 2004
The Data Rat wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a comprehensive list for all of the extensions in PS? I have looked everywhere, but I can’t find one. Maybe I am using the wrong term. What I mean, in case I am asking the question wrong is:
.csh is custom shape
.asl is styles
.asv works in selective color, I have no idea what it stands for
If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it. Looked on Google and in my Photoshop WOW book and couldn’t find it.

If you have version 6 or earlier, look on your install CD in the SDK folder for the "Photoshop File Formats.pdf". There is a list of Photoshop specific file types listed at the beginning of the index, including the ones you listed.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
TD
The Data Rat
May 31, 2004
Thanks Mike, but I do not have version 6 or earlier.

If you have version 6 or earlier, look on your install CD in the SDK
folder
for the "Photoshop File Formats.pdf". There is a list of Photoshop
specific
file types listed at the beginning of the index, including the ones you listed.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

"Mike Russell" wrote in message
The Data Rat wrote:
Hi all,

.csh is custom shape
.asl is styles
.asv works in selective color, I have no idea what it stands for

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections