J
Posted By
john
Jan 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open an image from my camera in CS2 it always opens in a window at 33% magnification with the rulers tightly round the picture. The rulers and magnification factor are fine.

Then the first thing I always do is to click on the maximise button to maximise (!!) the space round the picture.

I cannot find any way of getting CS2 to open the window already maximised.

Any thoughts.

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nomail
Jan 15, 2006
wrote:

When I open an image from my camera in CS2 it always opens in a window at 33% magnification with the rulers tightly round the picture. The rulers and magnification factor are fine.

Then the first thing I always do is to click on the maximise button to maximise (!!) the space round the picture.

Stop looking; you can’t. Photoshop always opens the image in one of the preset magnifications, i.e. 100%, 66%, 50%, 33%, etc, depending on the size of the image. There is no way to change that.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
MM
Mister Max
Jan 16, 2006
(Johan W. Elzenga) posted:

wrote:

Stop looking; you can’t. Photoshop always opens the image in one of the preset magnifications, i.e. 100%, 66%, 50%, 33%, etc, depending on the size of the image. There is no way to change that.
Let’s repharase the question:
How can we skip the step of clicking on the maximize button? All that does is remove the border around the picture. It doesn’t change the size of the picture from one of the preset magnifications – that’s another step.

– Max

MisterMax

http://buten.net/max/
New slideshow – 11 pages of Egypt!

http://pbase.com/mistermax – Shadows and Reflections
MP
Marc Pawliger
Jan 16, 2006
In article ,
Mister Max wrote:

wrote:

How can we skip the step of clicking on the maximize button? All that does is remove the border around the picture. It doesn’t change the size of the picture from one of the preset magnifications – that’s another step.

From a posting I made to the Photoshop mailing list a few weeks ago:

There is no preference for this particularly, but there is a feature of CS2 called Script Events that will let you do this.

First, create a new Action, call it "Fit on Screen"

Pick Insert Menu Item from the Actions palette menu

Pick View> Fit on Screen and click OK to add this to the action

Click the Stop icon on the Actions palette to stop recording the action.

Pick File> Scripts> Script Events Manager

Make sure Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions is checked

From the Photoshop Event menu pick Open Document

Click the Action radio button and pick your Fit To Screen action from the popup menu

Click the Add button

Click the Done button

Now, every time you open a document, the Fit on Screen action will run and the document will zoom to Fit on Screen

–marc
J
john
Jan 16, 2006
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:34:18 -0800, Marc Pawliger
wrote:

In article ,
Mister Max wrote:

wrote:

From a posting I made to the Photoshop mailing list a few weeks ago:
There is no preference for this particularly, but there is a feature of CS2 called Script Events that will let you do this.

First, create a new Action, call it "Fit on Screen"
Pick Insert Menu Item from the Actions palette menu

Pick View> Fit on Screen and click OK to add this to the action
Click the Stop icon on the Actions palette to stop recording the action.
Pick File> Scripts> Script Events Manager

Make sure Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions is checked
From the Photoshop Event menu pick Open Document

Click the Action radio button and pick your Fit To Screen action from the popup menu

Click the Add button

Click the Done button

Now, every time you open a document, the Fit on Screen action will run and the document will zoom to Fit on Screen

–marc

Thank you I will try that

John
TN
Tom Nelson
Jan 16, 2006
For Mac owners using Tiger, this can be done in Automator and set to run every time a picture is opened. See
http://www.macworld.com/2005/11/features/automatorhome/index .php Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

In article ,
wrote:

Any thoughts.

John
MM
Mister Max
Jan 16, 2006
Marc Pawliger posted:

In article ,
Mister Max wrote:

wrote:

Let’s rephrase the question:

–marc
marc, thanks for the detailed instructions for an action that will automatically fit the image to the screen, but that’s not what I want (and I think it’s not what John asked for.)

How can I skip the step of clicking the maximize button?

Can I?

– Max

MisterMax

http://buten.net/max/
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt Holly, Myanmar (new), Sicily, St Tropez, Singapore, Thailand (new), Tour de France.

http://pbase.com/mistermax – Shadows and Reflections
J
john
Jan 19, 2006
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:32:13 -0600, Mister Max
wrote:

Marc Pawliger posted:

In article ,
Mister Max wrote:

wrote:

–marc
marc, thanks for the detailed instructions for an action that will automatically fit the image to the screen, but that’s not what I want (and I think it’s not what John asked for.)

Can I?

– Max

Max

As no one answered our question I guess that it is not possible

John
P
pshaw
Jan 19, 2006
write an action that takes place on ‘open’ …

steve emmet

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:25:26 GMT, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:32:13 -0600, Mister Max
wrote:

Marc Pawliger posted:

In article ,
Mister Max wrote:

wrote:

–marc

Can I?

– Max

Max

As no one answered our question I guess that it is not possible
John
J
john
Jan 19, 2006
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:52:24 GMT, wrote:

write an action that takes place on ‘open’ …

steve emmet

Thank for the comment.. I have seen that from some one else. As I said it is only a minor irritation and I thought that I had just missed a setting somewhere.

John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections