F
Posted By
faz67
Jan 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to photoshop and want to learn how to edit digital pix. and create web pages Can someone point me to a good place to find out exactly what the differences are between versions PhotoShop 7,8, Creative Suite and Creative Suite 2 ?
TIA
Gary

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
noone
Jan 7, 2006
In article , faze67
@gmail.com says…
I’m new to photoshop and want to learn how to edit digital pix. and create web pages Can someone point me to a good place to find out exactly what the differences are between versions PhotoShop 7,8, Creative Suite and Creative Suite 2 ?
TIA
Gary

Gary,

First, the terms CS (Creative Suite) might be a bit confusing. There are basically two versions: 1 is Photoshop CS2, which is part of Adobe Creative Suite, and is now at ver 9, though that term is not often used. The Creative Suite is a suite of programs, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (basically replaces PageMaker as page-layout program), Acrobat Pro, GoLive (Web design software) and Bridge (an image management program that works with all the other modules/programs in the suite). The whole suite is sold as Adobe CS Premium, and is available at a reduced price if you upgrade from an existing Adobe product. Photoshop CS (not called 1, but was the first in the series and prior to CS2) was ver 8. Going back, PS 7 (if you get it, make sure to update it to 7.0.1) was then rather a standalone image editing program, though by that ver, the entire Adobe stable WAS getting closer to working with each other.

If you have PS, and it’s registered, you can upgrade to either the PS-CS2, or go for the full suite. I do not know exactly how the Macromedia products will sort out, now that Adobe owns them too, but for Web design, I still like Macromedia Dreamweaver, and for image editing, PS. I’ve had offers from Adobe to upgrade my Macromedia Studio (pre-MX) to their newest "studio," but the price is still rather hefty, especially as I went the full CS, and CS2 suite upgrade, as they came out.

As for the various functions that each version of PS offers/offered, there is a link floating around, that goes into great detail, but I cannot find it on my machine.

For starters, I’d suggest that you go to the Adobe site and take a look at the features NOW in PS, plus all of the programs in the full suite. With a Web page program (GoLive) included, plus PS, you might well have all you need with just the suite and not need to look into Dreamweaver, or similar.

Hunt
R
RH
Jan 8, 2006
www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article , faze67
@gmail.com says…
TIA
Gary

Gary,

First, the terms CS (Creative Suite) might be a bit confusing. There are basically two versions: 1 is Photoshop CS2, which is part of Adobe Creative
Suite, and is now at ver 9, though that term is not often used. The Creative
Suite is a suite of programs, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (basically replaces PageMaker as page-layout program), Acrobat Pro, GoLive (Web design
software) and Bridge (an image management program that works with all the other modules/programs in the suite). The whole suite is sold as Adobe CS Premium, and is available at a reduced price if you upgrade from an existing
Adobe product. Photoshop CS (not called 1, but was the first in the series and
prior to CS2) was ver 8. Going back, PS 7 (if you get it, make sure to update
it to 7.0.1) was then rather a standalone image editing program, though by that ver, the entire Adobe stable WAS getting closer to working with each other.

If you have PS, and it’s registered, you can upgrade to either the PS-CS2, or
go for the full suite. I do not know exactly how the Macromedia products will
sort out, now that Adobe owns them too, but for Web design, I still like Macromedia Dreamweaver, and for image editing, PS. I’ve had offers from Adobe
to upgrade my Macromedia Studio (pre-MX) to their newest "studio," but the price is still rather hefty, especially as I went the full CS, and CS2 suite
upgrade, as they came out.

As for the various functions that each version of PS offers/offered, there is
a link floating around, that goes into great detail, but I cannot find it on
my machine.

For starters, I’d suggest that you go to the Adobe site and take a look at the
features NOW in PS, plus all of the programs in the full suite. With a Web page program (GoLive) included, plus PS, you might well have all you need with
just the suite and not need to look into Dreamweaver, or similar.
Hunt
F
faz67
Jan 17, 2006
Hunt
Thanks for the reply. Looking back I should have been more specific I checked adobe site many times and was familiar with the applications that are contained in creative suite and have used the PS essentials 1 & 2. I had made up my mind to buy one or the other and wanted to know if there is something special in the latest and greatest that makes it worth the price difference. Finnaly decided to go with CS2, found a pretty good price after shopping around some more.
Thanks again
Gary
F
faz67
Jan 17, 2006
www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections