S
Posted By
Smuga
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I print digital pictures on my printer the photos look very fade/pale.
I tried all type of software ( adobe , corel ) and settings it is always the same bleached result.
On monitor photos are perfect , resolution 2400×1600.
Printer HP990cxi
Paper – Business Depot , high glass , 56lb. , 8mil

appreciate help

Susanna

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
Don
May 23, 2004
Try some HP paper. Since different brands use a different ink, most printers work best with their own brand of paper.

Don

"Smuga" wrote in message
Every time I print digital pictures on my printer the photos look very fade/pale.
I tried all type of software ( adobe , corel ) and settings it is always the same bleached result.
Printer HP990cxi

appreciate help

Susanna

S
Smuga
May 24, 2004
"Don" wrote in message
Try some HP paper. Since different brands use a different ink, most printers work best with their own brand of paper.

Don

My cousin is using the same paper with much better effects. The only difference she is using Epson printer.

Susanna
B
BF
May 25, 2004
"Smuga" wrote in message
Every time I print digital pictures on my printer the photos look
very
fade/pale.
I tried all type of software ( adobe , corel ) and settings it is
always
the same bleached result.
Printer HP990cxi

appreciate help

Susanna

Is your monitor calibrated? Just because it looks good on your monitor doesn’t mean the pictures are correct.
M
mdocert
May 26, 2004
I agree. I use mostly HP for photos and the HP Premium + paper works great. You might check the Properties of the printer and ensure that the color and saturation settings are correct. Also, be sure that you are properly setting up your prints; for the paper type etc.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections