I
Posted By
Italian98
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is the wrong category. New guy here. This is a basic question but will help me with solving a more involved problem. I’ve made a very simple action that simply sizes an image, saves the image as 1.jpg to a particular folder and then closes the image in Photoshop. I then created a droplet and when I drag the image onto it everything works as expected and saves the sized image in the folder i specified. The problem is when I try to drag more than one onto the droplet. It just overwrites the previous one instead of adding 1.jpg, 2.jpg ect.
What do I need to insert into my action script to make it cycle through each image one at a time and save them separately?

THANKS!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 25, 2004
In the save As portion of your action, toggle the dialog to off (the little square next to the action name). Then when you create your droplet, use the boxes at the bottom of droplet dialog to set the naming, and make sure and check the box that says "override save as information".

Peace,
Tony
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Feb 25, 2004
What happens of you drop an entire folder on the droplet?
DR
Danny_Raphael
Feb 26, 2004
RE: "…a particular folder and then closes the image in Photoshop."

No need for a Close command in the action if this is what you meant. That’s taken care of for you "under the covers" by Photoshop.

RE: Saving files in .jpg format
Are you using Save As… [.jpg] or Save for the Web? If the latter, SFW does some peculiar things sometimes, depending on settings.

If none of the above solve your problem, it would be helpful to literally list your action steps 1-by-1.

~Danny~

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections